Simulating the impact of changes to CIs
Use the CMDB Impact Simulator to determine how a change to the availability of a CI affects other CIs in a service model. For example, you might want to simulate the impact of restarting a database server before applying the latest patch on the database server.
You can run an impact simulation, save a simulation, load a saved simulation, compare two simulations and relate a simulation to a change request.
- Running an impact simulation
- Comparing impact simulations
- Creating a report of simulation results
- Relating a change request to an impact simulation
- Running a quick impact simulation
- CMDB Impact Simulator performance best practices
- Creating and testing impact models
- Performing impact simulation by using REST APIs