Selecting relationships to transfer for the CI types
The CI Types Relationships page displays the available relationships for the selected CI types. When you hover over a relationship type, the relationship name, parent and child CIs are displayed.
You can also define new relationships or create custom relationships. If you want to import CIs that are not included in these templates, you must create a relationship between the CIs before creating a job.
Consider the following when you create custom relationships:
- Field mapping is validated by data type.
- You can change the mapping later from BMC Atrium Integrator Spoon by modifying the CMDBoutput plugin.
- Follow the CDM standards and recommendations when you create a relationship.
To select relationships to transfer for the CI types
Perform the following steps to select the relationship that you want to transfer:
- On the CI Relationships page, select the relationships that you want to transfer.
To select multiple relationships, press the CTRL key and select the relationships. To filter the relationships by name, type in the Available Relationships field. Filtering is case insensitive and displays all results containing the filter text.
- Click Add to move the selected relationships to the Selected CI Types Relationships list.
- You can define a custom relationship, if required.
- Click Next.
The Mapping page for the last selected CI type appears. For example, if you had selected Computer system, Disk drive, and Operating system to be transferred to BMC CMDB, the Operating system Mapping page appears.
The Step toolbar at the top of the page is updated to display a mapping step for each CI type that you selected and a step for the relationships. Each relationship is represented as a tab in the relationship page. For example, if you had selected the Computer system, Disk drive, and Operating system CIs and the SYSTEMOS relationship, the step toolbar is updated.
The Step tool bar is shown in the following figure.
To create a custom relationship
Perform the following steps to create a custom relationship:
- In the Namespace list, select a namespace. Custom namespaces if any, are also populated in this list. CI Relationships page of the Integration Job Builder wizard.
In the Relationship list, select a relationship available for the selected namespace.
If the selected relationship does not have appropriate parent or child CI types selected, an error message is displayed. Select required CI Type from the CI Type Selection page.
- In the Parent CI list, select a parent CI for the selected relationship.
All the parent CIs under that relationship are populated in the Parent list. Atrium Integrator validates the CDM to display the list of selected CIs.This list is populated based on the CIs you have selected.
- In the Child CI list, select a child CI for the selected relationship.
- (optional) If the parent and child CI belong to the same class, you are prompted to enter a logical name for the child CI.
- Click Add.