Searching for a service in the Service Catalog
This information is applicable only if you are accessing BMC CMDB version 20.02 and earlier by using a browser that supports Adobe Flash.
With the Service Catalog, you can view the details and relationships of services and add new services to the model.
The services in a service model represent parts of your business. As you build a service model, the Service Catalog enables you to populate the service model from a catalog of services and add new services. You can then view and edit services.
The Service Catalog enables you to:
- Search and view all services that have been defined
- Filter the currently displayed set of services by any of their associated attributes
- Create a new service, service offerings, request actions, and options
Working in the Service Catalog
To open the Service Catalog
- In a browser, enter the URL designated by an administrator. For example:
- <midTierServer> is the name of the web server where the Remedy Mid Tier is installed*.*
- <port> is the port number of the web server where the Remedy Mid Tier is installed, which is required only if the web server is not using the default port (80 if using Microsoft IIS or 8080 if using Apache Tomcat).
- In the login page, specify the following details:
- In the User Name field, type your user name.
- In the Password field, type your password.
- In the Authentication field, type the authentication string (if one was provided by an administrator)
- Click Login.
- In the Remedy AR System Home page, select BMC Atrium Core > BMC Atrium Core Console.
If you access multiple servers from the Remedy AR System Home page, you would select BMC Atrium Core > BMC Atrium Core Console.
Opening Atrium Core Console from the Remedy AR System Home page
A bar at the top of the Atrium Core Console displays the name of the current user. The Application Launcher bar appears on the left side of the console.
- Click the Application Launcher.
Use this bar to open applications such as CMDB Explorer.
- Mouse over Applications, and then select Service Catalog. When you open the Service Catalog, any existing services that you previously created in CMDB Explorer as either a Business Service or a Technical Service are displayed. The listed services correspond to services from the BMC.ASSET dataset. Unlike previous releases, the Service Catalog does not save or load services from your Sandbox dataset.
To view the details of a service
- In the Services table, select a service.
Service Catalog Details pane
- Click the Service Offering Details bar on the right.
- View the service information in the Details pane.
The service offerings are displayed with the name, type, stage, and description of each.
To search services
In the Search field, enter text to search for in the service names and descriptions.
The search criteria applies as you enter text, and the matching services update automatically in the Services table.