Monitoring a normalization job
The Normalization dashboard displays the status of all the normalization jobs, and the status of CIs and relationships that were normalized or failed to normalize. Use the information in this topic to know how to monitor a normalization job and export a list of normalization job results.
To monitor a normalization job
- On the CMDB Dashboard, click Jobs > Manage Normalization
The following page is displayed.
The ribbon component displays the following fields:
Ribbon Component Field Description Jobs Total
Total count of jobs that have run at least once and jobs that have not run even once.
Executed Count of jobs that have run at least once for the applied data set and period filters. Pending
Count of jobs that have not run even once for the applied data set and period filters.
CIs Total Total count of CIs processed in all the executed jobs. Good Count of CIs that are successfully normalized for the executed jobs. Errors Count of CIs that failed normalization for the executed jobs. Relationships Total Total count of relationships processed in all the executed jobs. Good Count of relationships that are successfully normalized for the executed jobs. Errors Count of relationships that failed normalization for the executed jobs.
Below the ribbon component, the All Jobs table lists the details of each job in a row.
Each row has the following fields:
Field Description Job Name
Displays the job name that you provided when creating the job. Click a job name to view the job settings page. You can also edit, delete, and start the job on this page.
This page displays the following sections:
- Job Details: Displays the Job Name, Job ID, job creation date and job modification date.
- Dataset Configurations: Displays the data set settings that you configured for the job.
- Normalization Features Used: Displays the normalization features that you applied for the job, such as Suite Rollup, and Impact.
- Status: Displays the current status of the job, such as Completed and Aborted. This section also displays the number of failed and successful CIs and relationships for the job.
- Schedule: Displays the current job schedule, such as Continuous, or Recurring every day, and week.
Displays one of the following job statuses:
- Started: The job is currently in progress.
- Completed: The job was completed successfully.
- Aborted: The job failed because of errors.
- Stopped: The job was stopped before completion.
Values in the green CIs column represent the number of CIs normalized successfully.
Values in the red CIs column represent the number of CIs that failed normalization.
You can view the failed CIs by clicking the link for the number of failed CIs. This page provides a Recommended Actions column that lists the solutions for resolving the failed CIs.
Values in the green Relationships column represent the number of relationships normalized successfully.
Values in the red Relationships column represent the number of relationships that failed normalization.
You can view the failed relationships by clicking the link for the number of failed relationships. This page provides a Recommended Actions column that lists the solutions for resolving the failed relationships.
Runs History Displays a link for the number of times the job has run so far. Click the link to view a pop-up that displays the job history, such as the job status, start time, and end time for each run of the job.
- From the Dataset list, select a dataset name for which you want to view the jobs, or select All to view the jobs for all the datasets in CMDB.
Select the period for which you want to view the jobs.
The values displayed in the Jobs ribbon component are run-time values. The values in the CIs and Relationships ribbon components are generated by the Datasources Utility. This utility runs at scheduled times, as set in the Configurations menu. A message above the ribbon provides the date and time when the server last ran the utility.
To export the Normalization job results
You can export a customised set of results to CSV format, from the All Jobs section on the Normalization dashboard.
- Click on Export as CSV.
- Select one of the following options:
- Export to CSV > Export page: To export only the results that are displayed on the page that you are viewing.
- Export to CSV > Export multiple pages: To export specific result pages. You can specify the pages by the page number or by defining a range of pages.
- On the pop-up, enter the page numbers of the results that you want to export.
- Click Export.
For more information about creating and monitoring a normalization job:
- Click the Self-help widget on the Dashboard.
- Select Normalization from the list.
The following video gives you a quick overview about Normalization: