Using BMC Atrium Core functions in an external application with REST API
The REST API uses the base URI for the web service, such as
api - is the default prefix.
namespace - is used to help separate the different APIs.
version - is the version used for particular REST API.
An API is a web service that conforms to the architectural principles of REST. Each API is called by issuing a standard HTTP request method: POST, GET, PUT, or DELETE (more commonly known as the CRUD operations: Create, Read, Update, and Delete).
The BMC Atrium Core REST API is intended to be used by a script or program to interact with an external application. You can use the API for a variety of tasks, such as:
- The client creates new instances by issuing POST requests.
- The details of an individual instance or list of instances is retrieved by using a GET request.
- The client issues PUT requests to modify an instance object.
- The client issues a DELETE request to remove an instance.
The REST interface
You can use the REST interface for performing a variety of tasks, such as:
- Create, retrieve, update, and delete a class
- Create, retrieve, update, and delete an attribute
- Create, retrieve, update, and delete an instance
Starting from version 9.1.04.002 and later, BMC supports REST interface for the following tasks:
- Query CMDB using Graph Walk, Query by Path, and Find Objects
- Graph walk— Search CIs in a service model. For example, find all computer systems that are related to a financial service.
- Query by path— Search CIs with a complex qualification. For example, search computer systems located in Austin, hosted with Red Hat Linux operating system.
- Find Objects—Search CIs with a simple qualification. For example, computer names starting with "clm-pun".
- Subscribe for notification
Allows to subscribe for a notification regarding the changes in CIs, based on the query provided.
- Request for changed CIs
Enables the Notification Engine to identify the changed CIs and store them to a query result form. Provides transaction ID for the processed result.
- Retrieve the changed CIs
Retrieves the changed CIs for a given transaction ID.
For more information about using the REST APIs, see Endpoints in the REST API v1.0