Troubleshooting performance issues caused by missing CMDB indexes
This topic lists the out-of-the-box CMDB indexes that should always exist. If any index listed on this page is missing, it may lead to performance issues. To resolve any performance issue that may occur due to the missing index, you must add the missing index in the system.
List of out-of-the-box indexes
The following table displays the out-of-the-box indexes that must always exist in your system.
|400127400, 530060400, 530060500|
Before you begin
Before you modify system indexes, you must ensure you have BMC Remedy Developer Studio installed. For more information, see .
To create missing system indexes
The following steps are for adding missing out-of-the-box system indexes only. To add or edit custom indexes, see Creating or modifying classes by using Class Manager.
Login to the computer where BMC Developer Studio is installed.
- Open BMC Developer Studio.
Select Base Development Mode.
File > Switch Mode > Base Development
- Double-click Forms in the AR System Navigator.
- From the AR System Navigator tab, expand the source server and under All Objects select Forms.
The Forms tab opens, listing all the AR forms.
- In the forms window, double-click the BMC.CORE:BMC_BaseElement to open it.
- Click the Definitions tab at the bottom of the form window.
- In the Definitions tab, click the Indexes panel.
The existing indexes and the fields used in the indexes are listed.
- Click New.
- Select the new index.
- To add fields to the index, click Add and complete the Field Selector dialog box for each field.
- You can combine multiple fields into a composite index.
- You can enter as many as 16 fields.
- You should add the fields in the order you want them indexed, or you can use the Up and Down buttons to put them in the correct order.
- Each indexed field must be less than or equal to 255 characters, but the composite Index can have a total length greater than 255.
- You can use the Remove and Remove All buttons to remove fields form the index.
- Save the form.
Repeat the above steps for the BMC.CORE:BMC_BaseRelationship form to add the missing indexes.