Enabling audits for classes and attributes
You can configure auditing for a class and attributes that belong to the class. You can add qualifications to the class to apply auditing for specific CIs only.
Before you begin
You must have AR Administrator (ARADMIN) permissions to create or edit classes.
To enable audit for a class
- In the Class Manager, right-click on the class and select Edit class to open a class for editing.
- In the General tab of the CI Class dialog box, expand the Auditing section.
- In the Audit Type field, select Copy or Log, as described in Auditing overview.
- If you selected Log auditing, enter the name of the log form in the Audit Log Form field, or accept the default form name, CMDB:DefaultAuditLog.
This form stores log entries for this class. If the form that you specify does not exist, it is created automatically.
- In the Qualification field, type a qualification to specify which instances of the class are audited.
For example, the following qualification specifies that only instances in the BMC.ASSET dataset are audited:
'DatasetId' = "BMC.ASSET"
If you want all instances to be audited when they are created and deleted and when a selected attribute is changed, leave this field blank.
- Click the Attributes tab.
- Select an attribute that you want to be included in audits and click Edit.
- From the Audit Option menu, select an option for this attribute, as described in Auditing options for attributes.
- In the Attribute dialog box, click OK.
- Repeat step 7 through step 9 for each attribute that should be included in audits.
- In the Class dialog box, click OK.
- In the confirmation dialog box, click OK.
If you run into issues while working with audit, see Auditing issues.