Class Manager interface to view CDM and extensions
You can create or edit a class or relationship by using the Class Manager interface. Class Manager interface displays all the classes in your data model.
Navigation pane with search and create options
- Class Manager pane lists all the classes in the data model.
- You can use the Create button to create new classes and relationships.
- You can search for specific class names, and the list shows those classes that match the search criteria.
- You can view the hierarchy of the selected class and superclasses from which the class inherits attributes.
- The information pane displays the class name, the icon representing it, and the description.
- The information pane displays the selected class and the superclass from which the selected class inherits the attributes.
- Properties such as cardinality, directionality, and class type are shown in the relationship information diagram.
In this example image, the *-* symbol signifies a 'many to many' cardinality. The dotted line conveys that it is a weak relationship.
- These tabs display the class attributes, permissions, indexes, and other additional information.
- The Attributes tab lists attributes of all the classes in the hierarchy, but only those attributes that can be available for editing are shown active.
- Only attributes that belong to the selected class can be edited. Those attributes inherited from a parent class, although visible in the selected class, cannot be edited.
- In the Permissions tab, you can set visibility permissions for various permissions groups and roles.
- In the Index tab, you can add various fields to the indexes, Indexing reduces the time taken for search queries on the database.
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you