Modifying the list of platforms in the Product Catalog
To modify the list of platforms in the Product Model/Version form, create new records in the PCT:MenuItems form.
To modify the list of platforms
- Enter the direct URL for the PCT:MenuItems form.
- Click New Request.
- From the Menu Category list, select Software.
- In the Menu Type field, type OSPLATFORMTYPE.
- In the Menu Label 1 field, type the display label for the OS platform, such as UNIX, Linux, Windows, Mac OS, or Solaris.
- In the Menu Label 2 field, type the display label for the specific sub-type of the OS noted in step 5, such as HP-UX 11, Windows Vista, Mac OS 10.5, FreeBSD 7, or Solaris 10.
- In the Menu Value 1 field, type the name of the OS platform that you entered in step 5.
In the Menu Order 1 counter field, type the record's position to be displayed in the menu, where 1 is the first list item.
If you do not select a value for Menu Order or if multiple platforms are assigned the same value, the platforms are listed in alphabetical order. Platforms with two or more words are then listed in alphabetical order based on the second string, for example, Windows 2003, Windows NT, and Windows Vista.
- In the Locale field, to create localized versions, type a value such as en.
- From the Status options, select the appropriate status for the platform.
The default status is Enabled. When the menu list is displayed, records that do not have Enabled status are not displayed.
- Click Save.