Managing Product Catalog entries in bulk
As an application administrator, you might need to perform bulk actions on Product Catalog entries that have been created manually or through the Normalization Engine. The bulk actions include deleting or hiding products and versions, updating product and version associations with BMC CMDB, setting the life cycle status for products and versions, and associating products and versions with a software license contract.
After you have populated data in the Product Catalog, you must update the associated version information, assign the appropriate association with BMC CMDB, and set the life cycle status. You can individually update each product entry by using the Product Catalog Setup form, which you can access by selecting General Functions > Search Products. However, this process is time consuming if you have a large set of product entries to update. Instead, you can select Bulk Functions > Manage Products to quickly manage a large set of product entries.
See the following topics for more information:
- Associating product versions to a software license contract
- Deleting offline products and versions in bulk
- Deleting the association between a product or version and BMC CMDB in bulk
- Editing details of products and versions in bulk
- Hiding or displaying products and versions in the Product Catalog console in bulk
- Searching for product entries in the Manage Products Console
- Setting the Approved, Managed, and Blacklisted status options of products and versions in bulk
- Setting the life cycle status of products and versions in bulk
- Using the Managed Product status to delete unwanted CIs in bulk
- Viewing details of a product entry in the Manage Products Console