Launching BMC CMDB widgets from BMC Remedy AR System applications
When you launch the Atrium:Explorer and Atrium:Query forms from other BMC Remedy AR System applications, the BMC CMDB performs the initialization function for these forms.
To launch a BMC CMDB widget from AR System applications
- With BMC Remedy Developer Studio, log on to the BMC CMDB server and create a new active link for launching the BMC Atrium Explorer or BMC Atrium Query widget.
The properties for the active link are displayed in a tab form. For more information about creating active links, see Developing an application in the BMC Remedy Action Request System online documentation.
- For the Associated Forms panel, click Add, and select Atrium:Explorer or Atrium:Query.
For more information, see Atrium:Explorer and Atrium:Query parameters--AR System applications.
- For the Execution Options panel, specify details, such as the Execute On criteria.
- For the Run If Qualification panel, specify the appropriate condition as needed.
- For the If Actions panel, right-click and select Add Action > Open Window.
For the Open Window panel, specify the following details:
Note: Launching the BMC Atrium Explorer from BMC Remedy AR Systems does not support the Current option for the Target Location list.
Form View Name
Default Admin View
Set Fields to Defaults
In the table, specify the parameters listed in the following table or the following table.
Open Window parameters for BMC Atrium Explorer
- Select the Active Link, and, in the Permissions tab, specify permissions for the active link.
- On the BMC Remedy Developer Studio toolbar, click Save.
The active link is now saved.