Adding patch information in the Product Catalog
You can define another level of identification for a software Product Catalog entry by creating a related patch ID. For example, you might have a software Product Catalog entry called Microsoft Word 2000, version 1.0, patch SP3.
To create a related patch ID
Body text to introduce the procedure
- From the Product Catalog Console, search for a product.
Expand the product list, and select a version or model.
If you select the product instead of a version or model, clicking Create opens the Model/Version window.
- In the Product Catalog Entries area, click Create.
- From the Status list, select a status.
- In the Patch Last Build ID field, enter the patch number.
- (Optional) Add a build date and description.
- Click Save.
When you save the patch, it is automatically related to the - Global - company.
Where to go from here
Link to the next step.