Setting up normalization
In a server group environment, you need not duplicate the normalization configurations for primary and secondary servers that use the same database. This is because the normalization configurations are saved to the database. The Normalization Engine runs on every server in the group but the normalization jobs are scheduled only on the primary server.
Do not run a batch normalization job simultaneously on the same dataset on the primary and secondary servers to avoid possible errors.
To set up normalization
- Configure each dataset for normalization. See Configuring normalization settings for datasets.
- Add any custom classes that you have created. See Configuring classes for normalization.
- Set up aliases for normalization. See Mapping discovery categorization to product categorization.
- Select the mode (inline, continuous, and batch) for when to normalize datasets. See Overview of normalization modes.
- To view normalization job history and details, see Monitoring a normalization job.