You can uninstall TrueSight Orchestration content if a problem causes an unstable or unusable instance of the TrueSight Orchestration product, or if you want to change the configuration of your environment.
This topic describes the activities involved in uninstalling the content:
Uninstalling content by using the GUI
To uninstall content by using the GUI, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to the location where you have installed the content.
Example: C:\Program Files\BMC Software\AO\Content.
- Go to the UninstallContent folder in the directory and start the uninstall program.
- Click Next to view the summary panel and verify the location from where the content will be uninstalled.
- Click Uninstall. The content is uninstalled successfully.
- When the uninstallation is finished, click Done.
Uninstalling content by using the command line
In a silent uninstallation, you run the uninstallation program from a command line. You can run a silent uninstallation on Red Hat or SUSE Linux, Oracle Solaris, and Windows to uninstall the TrueSight Orchestration content.
To uninstall content by using the command line option, perform the following steps:
- On a computer that has network access to the repository, navigate to the directory that contains the uninstallation program.
- From the command line, execute one of the following commands to start the uninstallation program in silent mode. The following table describes the commands for uninstalling content from the different operating systems.
If any files or directories are not removed during uninstallation, delete the files manually.