Creating task categories
Task categories classify task records that are associated with the type of change you are managing. For example, if you are managing a network change, you will create a task category called network task to capture the task records.
To create a task category
- From the HP ServiceCenter System Navigator window, click Task Categories.
- Create a new task category name. For example, if you are creating a task category to manage network changes, you would create a task category called Network Task.
The task must match the category created in Creating change categories. The change category and task category link together by using matching category names.
- Enter a task category name.
- Type a description for the category.
- In the Availability field, type true.
- Select the Assign Number? check box.
- Click New.