What's new in 20.18.01
This topic describes the new features in TrueSight Orchestration version 20.18.01. For updates to existing features in this release, see 20.18.01 enhancements.
ITSM Automation run book
The ITSM automation runbook provides reusable interface to automate Change Management lifecycle, which is required for processes such as patching, configuration management and so on, with a bi-directional integration with respective tools. The current release supports BMC Remedy ITSM – Change Management application out-of-the-box.
For more information, see ITSM Automation runbook.
Event Orchestration run book
A new Event Orchestration run book, which enables organizations to automate the response to and lifecycle of events is introduced in this release.
Event Orchestration run book provides an out-of-the-box use case for a commonly occurring event. The Event Orchestration run book provides a reusable and pluggable framework for integrating with service management processes such as Incident and Change Management. In this release, support for TrueSight Infrastructure Management for event management and BMC Remedy IT Service Management for service management is included. The Event Orchestration runbook helps reduce Mean Time To Repair (MTTR), reduce or eliminate scope for human error, and standardize resolution.
- The Event Orchestration run book is only supported on TrueSight Orchestration Platform 8.1 and the previous BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform version 8.0.01. This is due to an issue where REST API based processes fail if process names contain spaces, which impacts this new runbook. A fix for this issue is not available for versions earlier than 8.0.01.
- For customers intending to deploy the Event Orchestration runbook onto version 8.0.01, you must replace the webservices-rt-2.2.jar with webservices-rt-2.4.0.jar file to ensure that the Event Orchestration run book processes are successfully executed. Update of the JAR file is required because webservices-rt v2.1 or v2.2 has a bug that causes NullPointerException while performing Java<->XML translation while processing events as part of Event Orchestration run book. This bug has been fixed in v2.4.0.
- The webservices-rt-2.4.0.jar also has features that are used to make the runbook more extensible and to allow new use cases to be added with ease. It will also enable a more seamless upgrade of the runbook framework, without impacting any custom workflows that you choose to deliver.
- For downloading and updating the JAR file, see webservices-rt-2.4.0.jar on BMC Communities.
- Customers running the TrueSight Orchestration Platform 8.1.00 do not need to make any changes.
For more information, see Event Orchestration run book.