User scenario for unlocking user accounts by using BMC MyIT
BMC MyIT Service Broker version 3.2 uses TrueSight Orchestration as a fulfillment engine to process services through a BAO connector. The BMC MyIT Service Broker module in TrueSight Orchestration interacts with the BMC MyIT Service Broker BAO connector to invoke the workflows/services exposed to the BMC MyIT Service Broker application.
Before running the unlock account service
Before an end user can view the service in BMC MyIT, the following tasks must be complete:
- TrueSight Orchestration adapters and modules required for the integration with BMC MyIT Service Broker are installed, configured and enabled.
See Configuring TrueSight Orchestration Content.
- Unlock account service is added to the BMC MyIT Service Broker Integration module.
See Configuring BMC MyIT Service Broker module.
- BAO Connector is configured in BMC MyIT Service Broker.
See Configuring connector in BMC MyIT Service Broker.
- Unlock Account service is imported, configured, and a workflow that will trigger the appropriate TrueSight Orchestration process is attached to the service.
See Working with services in BMC MyIT Service Broker.
- Unlock Account service is approved and published in BMC MyIT Service Broker.
See Submit a service for approval.
As an end user, you can submit a service request for unlocking a user account in BMC MyIT application. Depending on the configuration in BMC MyIT Service Broker, you might be asked to specify the user name for the account. The service is executed by BMC MyIT Service Broker by using TrueSight Orchestration as a fulfillment engine.
The following figure shows the services available in BMC MyIT.
- An end user requests the Unlock Account service in BMC MyIT. Based on the questions configured in BMC MyIT Service Broker, the user is asked to specify the user name to be unlocked.
- After the request is submitted, the MyIT Service Broker workflow attached to the Unlock Account service is triggered to fulfill the service request.
- The Invoke BAO Service activity from the MyIT Service Broker workflow invokes the TrueSight Orchestration corresponding workflow, which interacts with the third-party application, in this case, Microsoft Active Directory and unlocks the specified user account.
- In BMC MyIT, the status of the request is updated and the request is marked as closed.