Creating change categories
Categories classify changes and tasks, and have predefined phases to ensure that a change occurs in an orderly progression. Phases indicate steps in the change or task lifecycle. The phase determines which form will be used with a record, along with associated behaviors such as approvals or edits.
To create a change category
- From the HP ServiceCenter System Navigator window, select Menu navigation > Services > Change Management > Changes > Change Categories.
- Create a new category name. For example, if you are creating a category to manage network changes, you would create a category called Network Change.
- Enter a category name.
- Type a description for the category.
- In the Availability field, type true.
- Select the Assign Number? check box.
- Enter the Change Phases. Using the example of a network change category, you would enter the out-of-the-box change phases Analysis, Approval, Testing, and Implementation that are used for the MAC category.
- Click New.