Using the Compliance Dashboard
This topic explains the data shown on each widget and provides instructions to drill down to a widget to view additional metrics.
Viewing the Compliance Dashboard
Widgets on the dashboard display metrics about the compliant or non-compliant assets. You can drill down to a widget to view additional data related to the metrics. The dashboard data refreshes after each policy scan.
To view metrics based on any of the following options, select a filter, and click Apply:
- Operating System
- Compliance Scan Policy: The metrics from the latest policy scan are displayed.
Click Export at the top right corner to download the current dashboard metrics as a PDF file.
This widget shows the percentage of compliant versus non-compliant assets in your environment. This metrics changes if you select a particular policy or operating system.
How is the compliance posture calculated?
The compliance posture is calculated based on the number of assets scanned by the policy and the number of compliant versus non-compliant assets.
To drill down for more information, click the on the widget.
In the following image, the policy name, number of assets scanned, number of rules evaluated for the asset, and the percentage compliance is displayed.
Remediating compliance violations
When assets with non-compliant rules are displayed on the dashboard, the Remediation Action panel appears on top.
To create a remediation operation for the non-compliant assets directly from the dashboard, do the following:
- On the Compliance Dashboard, select a compliance policy and click Apply.
The Remediate option is enabled.
On the Compliance Posture widget, click the pie chart, and then select a policy from the list.
- Click Remediate.
The Create Operation page appears.
- Continue to create an operation for remediating the compliance violations on the assets.
For details, see Working with operations.
This widget shows the number of assets based on their Service Level Agreements (SLA), and by their stage. Based on the status, the following data is displayed:
- Awaiting Attention: Operation is yet to be created
- Awaiting Execution: Compliance remediation operation is created for an asset
- Awaiting Approval: Operation is created with a change request, and the request is pending approval
- Remediation Running: Operation is created and is currently running.
- Awaiting Scan: Operation is complete but asset is not scanned for compliance violations yet.
Top 10 Compliance Scan Policies
This widget shows the top 10 compliance scan policies based on the number of assets and evaluations where the assets are non-compliant. It also shows the compliance percentage for each policy.
To drill down for more information, do the following:
- Click the Scanned Assets link.
A list of assets and their operating system is displayed.
- Click the Non-compliant Evaluations link.
A list of rules, policy name, and the number of scanned assets is displayed.
Top 10 Business Services at Risk
This widgets shows the top ten business services or applications with a maximum number of non-compliant assets and evaluations. It also shows the compliance percentage for each service. To view more information, click the Scanned Assets link. A list of assets and their operating system is displayed.