Configuring TrueSight Automation Console for high availability
You can configure TrueSight Automation Console in the high availability (HA) cluster. HA ensures that your TrueSight Automation Console is always up and running on at least one node. Whenever a TrueSight Automation Console node fails, another node in the HA setup takes over and starts managing the TrueSight Automation Console tasks.
To configure an HA setup for TrueSight Automation Console, make sure that the following prerequisites are met:
- The following software components are provisioned externally:
- An HA proxy load balancer to switch operations between the TrueSight Automation Console nodes. To configure the HA proxy, see Configuring application clusters.
An external Redis Server (5.05 or later version) for user session management and distributed caching
Make sure to use a non-TLS and non-cluster Redis Server.
- An external PostgreSQL database. For the supported versions, see System requirements. You can also use the containerized PostgreSQL database provided by BMC.
- TrueSight Automation Console is installed on all the nodes that you want to use for HA. For instructions, see Installing.
Do the following:
- Log in to one of the TrueSight Automation Console nodes used for HA.
- Navigate to the following path where the configure_ha.sh script is available: <installation_dir>/utils
- Run the script:
- Provide the following inputs:
- Installation directory of the TrueSight Automation Console Application Server
- Host name (FQDN or IP address) of the external Redis Server
- Port of the external Redis Server
- Host name or IP address of the load balancer
yto confirm the inputs or enter
rto provide the inputs again.
After confirmation, the script saves these configuration updates and restarts the Application Server.
- Repeat these steps on the other TrueSight Automation Console nodes that are used for HA.