Installing external Remedy SSO for TrueSight Orchestration in containers
Where you are in the installation process
|1.||Complete the planning activities|
|2.||Prepare for TrueSight Orchestration in containers installation|
Install Remedy SSO (if using external) (You are here)
Install TrueSight Orchestration in containers
|5.||Install Development Studio|
|6.||Install Lightweight Activity Peer (Optional)|
|7.||Complete the post-installation tasks|
By default, when you install TrueSight Orchestration components such as the repository, CDP, and so on, embedded Remedy SSO is installed with the component. You can choose to use the embedded Remedy SSO of the repository as an external Remedy SSO while installing the CDP and the the rest of the components. You can also choose to install external Remedy SSO. In this scenario, you must install external Remedy SSO before installing any other components.
To install Remedy SSO
- Unzip the Remedy SSO installation zip folder.
Run the installation program based on your operating system.
- For Microsoft Windows, run setup.exe.
- For Linux, run sh setup.sh.
- In the lower-right corner of the Welcome panel, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, click I agree to the terms of license agreement, and then click Next.
- Accept the default destination directory or browse to select a different directory, and then click Next.
- Select BMC Remedy Single Sign-On <version number>, and then click Next.
- Browse to select the Apache Tomcat directory path where Remedy SSO application will be deployed.
Enter the database settings.
To use Remedy SSO with Platform, choose embedded database or external database (Oracle or MS SQL Server).
Remedy Single Sign-On versions 9.1.01.001 and 9.1.02.001 only support high availability with an embedded database.
Stand-alone Remedy SSO versions 9.1.01.001 and 9.1.02.001 installations do not support HA with embedded DB.
Assign a database user. The details of the user will be used by Remedy SSO to access the details of application configuration and user sessions. You may choose to provide the credentials for an existing database user with permissions to create tables or create a new user.
- Enter a cookie domain, and then click Next.
The domain value of the cookie must be the network domain of Remedy SSO or one of its parent domains.
- In the Installation Preview window, click Install.
Log in with default credentials.Click here to see the default credentials
User Name: Admin
- After you log in for the first time, change the password.
To create users, roles, and realm in Remedy SSO
After you have successfully installed Remedy SSO, perform the following post-installation tasks:
- Create a realm.
You require the realm name while installing the repository later.
For more information, see Working with realms.
- Create a user in the realm with aoadmin as the username.
You require the username and password while installing the repository later.
- Create a role called AoAdmin.
Role name is case-sensitive.
Assign the aoadmin user to the AoAdmin role.
For more information, see Creating and managing local users and roles in Remedy Single Sign-On.
Next step in the installation process
Now that you have successfully installed external Remedy SSO, install TrueSight Orchestration in containers. For instructions, see Installing – in containers.