Installing an LAP for TrueSight Orchestration in containers
Where you are in the installation process
|1.||Complete the planning activities|
|2.||Prepare for TrueSight Orchestration in containers installation|
|3.||Installing Remedy SSO (if using external)|
|4.||Install TrueSight Orchestration in containers|
|5.||Install Development Studio|
|6.||Install Lightweight Activity Peer (Optional) (You are here)|
|7.||Complete the post-installation tasks|
A Lightweight Activity Peer (LAP) can be installed on a host outside the containerized platform. An LAP extends grid communications to a third-party system but does not execute workflows. Since this release of containerized platform is supported only on linux-based operating systems, you can install an LAP on a windows host for windows-based adapters.
Even though APs and LAPs can be added after installation, BMC recommends that you add a peer first and then install it. You can use the Grid Manager Peers tab to add peers.
To add a peer to a grid
- Go to the Manage > Peers tab and click the Add a Peer icon.
- Enter a name for the peer and an optional description.
Select a Type from the list.
After a peer is configured as a configuration distribution peer (CDP), its type cannot be changed.
- (Optional, not applicable to LAPs) If the peer will be used as a synchronization point for uploading metrics, select Sync Point.
- (Optional; not applicable to LAPs) If this peer will service SOAP requests to run workflows, select SOAP Endpoint.
- Click OK.
To install an LAP
- Navigate to the directory where the installation program files are downloaded and start the installation program.
- Windows: setup.cmd
- Linux: linux_bao_server_installer_vv_rr_nn.sh
- On the splash screen, select the language in which to view the installation program, and click OK.
Review the welcome page, and click Next.
Read the license agreement, agree to the terms, and click Next.
- Select Install new Orchestrator components and click Next.
- Select LightweightActivity Peer and click Next.
Browse to select the directory to install the LAP and click Next.
By default, the component is installed in the following directory (also referred to as AO_HOME in the documentation):
- Windows: C:\Program Files\BMC Software\BAO\LAP
- UNIX: /opt/bmc/BAO/LAP
Enter the root port that you want to use for the CDP and click Next.
- (Optional) Click Edit Ports to change the default port values and avoid conflicts with other applications or operating system services on the target server and click Next.
- Provide the following details for configuring the LAP and click Next.
- Select the protocol as https.
- Type the hostname (in FQDN format) where the CDP in installed.
- Type the CDP port number. The default port number is 38080.
- Type the name of the Grid specified while installing the CDP.
Type the name of the peer.
Before installing the LAP, you added a peer to the grid. Specify the name of the peer here.
- (Optional) To customize LAP settings for your environment, click Advanced Options and change as per your requirement:
Type the service name. The default value is BAO-LAP.
Typically, you would do this if you install more than one lightweight activity peer on the same host.
- Select the LAP protocol.
- Type the hostname where you are installing the LAP in an FQDN format.
- To start the LAP server after installation, select Yes.
- Review the information and click Install.
- On the Installation Summary panel, perform one of the following actions:
- To exit the installation program, click Done.
- To review the BAO_install_log.txt file, click View Log, and then click Done to exit the installation program.
Next step in the installation process
Now that you have successfully installed the LAP, complete the post-installation tasks. For instructions, see Post-installation tasks for TrueSight Orchestration in containers.