Accessing and navigating the Grid Manager
The Grid Manager (Grid Manager) component resides on the CDP server and enables you to monitor and manage a environment. Grid Manager provides a user interface to add and maintain grids, peers, adapters, modules, and process schedules. You can use Grid Manager to manage module deployment and activation. You can also use Grid Manager to enable collection of metrics about grid and process performance.
You log into Grid Manager by using a web browser.
For information about supported web browsers and other system requirements, see BMC Solution and Product Availability and Compatibility Utility (SPAC requires a Support login). Log in using your support ID, search for Platform and choose the current release to display compatibility information.
This page includes the following sections:
Before you begin
- You must belong to a group with the permissions to access the Grid Manager.
- You must use a supported browsers on the client computer.
For more information, see System requirements.
To log into Grid Manager
From a web browser, navigate to the appropriate URL for the protocol that you are using:
- FullyQualifiedDomainName represents the host name of the server and the domain name where the configuration distribution peer (CDP) is installed (for example, localhost.bmc.com or server1.bmc.com)
- CDPWebServerPort represents the actual web server port defined during the CDP server installation (The default port number is 38080.)
Log in using the appropriate credentials.
You can log on to the grid by using the following default username and password:
To navigate the Grid Manager
Grid Manager is a web-based application with functional areas accessed through the following tabs at the top of the Grid Manager window.
- The Status tab provides a visual indication of the condition of peers and adapters configured on the specific grid. It provides links to the adapters, components, and processes pages for each displayed grid. You access grid performance metrics by clicking the Go to Metrics View link. To view options for managing adapters, grid components, and processes running on the grid, click the grid name on the Status tab.
- The Manage tab enables you to manage aspects of grids, peers, adapters, schedules, modules, and process metrics, and to run configuration reports. You create, edit, and delete grid, peer, and adapter configurations through their respective tabs:
- Edit configuration item values and schedules for active modules by using the Modules and Schedulestabs.
- Manage peer rankings for configuration distribution peers (CDPs) and access the manual peer configuration file on the Peers tab.
- Configure and maintain the database connection for process metrics collection through the Metrics tab.
When auditing is enabled (through the Administration tab), you can run grid configuration reports through the Config Reports tab, providing deployment and configuration information for peers and adapters.
Users assigned to the Development Studio role do not have access to the Manage tab.
- The Administration tab enables you to configure a repository database connection for audit records and grid performance metrics:
- Using the Metrics tab, you determine which grid performance metrics will be captured.
Using the Permissions tab, you can assign role permissions for access to all executable modules, process directories, and processes.
Users assigned to the Grid Administration or Development Studio roles do not have access to the Administration tab.