Platform version 8.2.00 provides the following new features and enhancements.
Containerized deployment of TrueSight Orchestration Platform and Content
TrueSight Orchestration images for the repository and the Configuration Distribution Peer (CDP), and content are now available in containers. Deploying images in your environment is relatively simple with fewer installation steps. After successfully deploying in containers, your environment leverages some of the intrinsic features of the container platform – Docker, for cluster management, load balancing, and fault-tolerance.
With minimal configurations, high-availability can be implemented without the need to install additional peers such as the Activity Peer and the High Availability CDP.
The following sections briefly describe the features and limitations in this release.
To get started with containerized deployments, see TrueSight Orchestration overview.
Refreshed UI for the Repository Manager
TrueSight Orchestration is refreshing the Repository Manager user interface using a new framework that does not need Flash. After the upgrade, you can see all your data in the new UI seamlessly.
The old repository UI is also available however, BMC encourages you to use the new UI from now on.
The highlights of the new UI are:
- New URL to access the repository
- Single-click download option to download individual adapters or modules
- Separate tabs to view adapters and modules in the repository
- Separate sections in the Permissions tab for Repository Permissions and Content Permissions.
- Ability to edit permissions for multiple groups
For more information about the new UI, see .
REST API updates
A new REST API call for retrieving the list of peers in your environment and additional information such as the peer name, status, operating system, and the host name is introduced in this release.
For more information, see Get Peer Info.
Support for Oracle Solaris operating system dropped
Support for Oracle Solaris as a host operating system is dropped from this release. You cannot run the TrueSight Orchestration Platform installer files on a computer with Solaris operating system. No peers can be installed on the Solaris OS anymore.
Support for Remedy Single Sign-On versions
If you choose to install or upgrade Platform with embedded Remedy SSO, the RSSO version used is 18.11.
Platform – Content compatibility
Azul Java version and compatibility
- If you have created custom adapters, you might need to recompile the adapters with the supported Java version. Some adapters might not work if they do not comply with the increased security standards enforced in this version of Java.
- If you are upgrading an existing installation to to v8.2.00, you need to upgrade the following web services-based adapters due to incompatibilities with Java versions:
- BMC Atrium CMDB adapter
- BMC Network Automation adapter
- CA Service Desk adapter
- HP Service Manager adapter
- Web Services adapter
The installation documentation is redesigned for ease of use. The highlights are:
- A sequenced path to perform the installation.
- Better navigational assistance with the “Where you are” map and information about the next step in the installation process.
- Every installation procedure is designed as an end-to-end topic for better readability and to avoid page switching.