Pushing content to sites
You can push the following type of content from one TrueSight Network Automation application server (also called source site) to multiple application servers (also called target sites) simultaneously using TrueSight Network Automation – Multi Server Administration:
- Combo groups
- Device Security Profiles
- NEW IN 8.9.04.001 Global Substitution Parameters
- NEW IN 8.9.04.001 Templates
To push content from one TrueSight Network Automation application server to others
Log on to Multi-Server Administration as a site user.
This site user should exist on the TrueSight Network Automation application servers that are added as sites in Multi-Server Administration.
The Site Details page appears.
The Site Detail page shows the following details:
Column Description Site URL Displays the URL of the application server that the msaadmin user added as a site.
When you click this link, you are directed to the login page of the TrueSight Network Automation GUI for that application server.
Site Name Displays the default name or the name that the msaadmin user added. Description Displays the default description or the description that the msaadmin user added. Status Displays whether or not the site is accessible or not to the logged on site user indicated by the following values:
- Accessible: Indicates that the site user has the Login Using Web Services right to perform operations on the site and credentials of the site user match the user credentials on the corresponding application server.
- Unauthorized: Indicates that the site user does not have the Login Using Web Services right to perform operations on the site, credentials of the site user do not match the user credentials on the corresponding application server, or the site user does not exist on the application server.
- Offline: Indicates that site is down or not reachable.
- From the Content Push menu, choose the type of content that you want to push.
- From the Source Site list, select the site from which want to push the content.
The content present in the source site is displayed. For example, if you have chosen Combo Groups from the Content Push menu, combo groups in the source site are displayed. You can click a combo group to see its details.
- Select the content that you want to push to the target sites.
- Click the Content Push button.
The Select Target Sites dialog box appears.
- Select the target sites to which you want to push the content.
You can also search for target sites.
- Select the Overwrite existing option to overwrite if the content with the same name exists in the target site.
If you do not select this option, the content with the same name is not copied into the target system.
If the operation is successful, the Content Push Results page is displayed.
Results of the push operation are not stored anywhere. If you close this page, you cannot retrieve the results again.