About Virtual Data Center
TrueSight Network Automation provides built-in integration with BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management. TrueSight Network Automation provides the ability to configure virtual data centers (VDCs) on network equipment at a particular site, and the ability to manage the network resources used by those VDCs on behalf of BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management customers. For the sample use cases that you can leverage to manage network resources, see Overview of networking use cases.
This capability is sometimes called infrastructure as a service (IaaS).
After a VDC is instantiated, you can add servers to it to provide application services to a BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management customer. TrueSight Network Automation configures the network equipment involved in this process, while a server automation tool such as BMC Server Automation configures the servers.
More information about how TrueSight Network Automation manages a VDC is provided in the following sections:
- Overview of networking use cases
- Pod model
- Container model
- About network address translation
- Addressing schemes
- VDC management in TrueSight Network Automation
- Pod management in TrueSight Network Automation
- Dynamic network containers
- Zone-based firewalls
- Container components and their roles
- Management of network resources in pods and containers
- Defining a DNS server in TrueSight Network Automation