A policy is a condition that when met causes the system to perform a set of actions. Policies automate network change and configuration tasks such as:
- Detecting and collecting configuration changes made by external users (that is, Auto Archive)
- Scheduling recurring snapshots (for example, daily, weekly)
- Scheduling delivery of reports (for example, Change Summary, Compliance Summary)
- Notifying users and systems when a configuration change is detected
- Auto-remediating critical compliance violations
When a policy is executed, the system creates a job. This enables you to monitor what actions were taken by policies, and to view associated configuration changes.