About job approvals
Job approvals are disabled by default. You can enable them system-wide for a defined set of span actions.
When job approvals are enabled, the user is required to assign a job approval type when a job is submitted. Job approvals define who is required to approve a job.
The administrator creates job approval types based on the organization's approval process. Approvers can be individual users and roles. These are the approval types:
- Single approval: Only a single approval is required.
- Multiple approvals: Multiple approvals are required, in any order.
- Sequence of approvals: Multiple approvals are required, in a specified order.
- Remedy approval: BMC Remedy ITSM approval is required. BMC Remedy Action Request System approval might be the only approval required, or it might be part of multiple approvals, or a sequence of approvals.
This type of approval is only available if your site has performed the BMC Remedy ITSM integration procedure and the system parameter
Enable Continuous Compliance for Network Administrationis selected. See BMC Continuous Compliance for Network Automation solution.
- None: No approvals are required.