Support for Java
This topic describes BMC’s support for Java starting from January 1, 2019 and actions required for TrueSight Operations Management.
Recent announcements by Oracle about commercializing Java have resulted in questions about how BMC will handle Java in the TrueSight products.
Product versions releasing after January 1, 2019
Oracle Java 8 will no longer be bundled with the product installation files.
- All server-side components will be certified for Azul Java 8.
- Users can continue to use the product with the existing Oracle Java 8 environment. If a security update is needed, BMC will provide instructions on how to replace the existing Oracle Java 8 environment with Azul Java 8.
- Azul Java 8 and subsequent security updates, if any, for Azul Java 8 will be made available on the BMC Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) website.
The supported type and version of Java may change in the future releases.
Product versions released prior to January 1, 2019
- BMC recommends that you upgrade to the most recent product version to get all the available fixes and security updates.
- Users can continue to use the product with the existing Oracle Java 8 environment. If a security update is needed, BMC will provide instructions on how to replace the existing Java environment with Azul Java 8.