Configuring the Apache web server to accept HTTPS connection only
If your site does not need a HTTP connection, follow these steps to reconfigure Apache.
To configure the Apache web server to accept HTTPS connections
- Access the appropriate directory for your operating system:
- (Windows) \pw\Apache\conf
- (Solaris or Linux) /usr/pw/apache/conf
- Save a copy of the httpd.conf file.
- Edit the httpd.conf file to comment out the 'Listen 80' line, so the line reads as '#Listen 80'.
Restart httpd by running the following command:
pw process restart httpd
Switching Apache server from HTTP to HTTPS mode requires restarting the system. BMC recommends due diligence before restarting the system.