The following topics describe how developers or administrators can create an Infrastructure Management client, customize cell behavior, or perform functions in Infrastructure Management through web services.
- Performing Infrastructure Management functions using web services — Web services perform operations such as retrieving data, creating events, and managing data for various Infrastructure Management features.
- Infrastructure Management CLI commands — CLI commands enable you to perform diagnostics on your system and to run administrative commands from a command line.
- Developing BMC Impact Integration Web Services — BMC Impact Integration Web Services provide operations for web service clients to exchange events and data with BMC Impact Manager cells.
- Default service model data classes — The service model uses various data structures as data classes. This section describes the service model class hierarchy in the TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server.
- Cell KB Reference Guide — KB rules define how the events are processed. You can modify a KB to customize its behavior in your environment.
- Performing infrastructure monitoring functions with web services — Use web services to perform infrastructure-monitoring functions, such as creating and updating policies.
For information about developing a Knowledge Module (KM), see the section in the BMC PATROL Agent documentation.