Verifying the Presentation Server installation and operation
To verify the TrueSight Presentation Server installation
After the TrueSight Presentation Server installation is finished, open and view the TrueSight Presentation Server installation log through the Maintenance Tool utility. You can run the Presentation Server Maintenance tool in a graphical user interface or from the command line.
- If there are no errors or warnings, the TrueSight Presentation Server was successfully installed.
- If there are errors or warnings, resolve the issues, uninstall the TrueSight Presentation Server, and then reinstall it.
To verify that the you can access the Presentation Server, enter the the following URL in your browser:
where <hostname> is the hose where you installed the Presentation Server.
Ensure that your browser can resolve the host name and and there are no firewall issues that prevent you from accessing the Presentation Server from your browser.
To verify the TrueSight Presentation Server operation
To verify that the TrueSight Presentation Server is operating, navigate to the (Windows) TrueSightPServer\truesightpserver\bin or (Linux) TrueSightPServer/truesightpserver/bin directory and enter the following command:
tssh server status
./tssh server status
A list of Presentation Server processes is displayed that is similar to the following sample:
Process status ================================ Core Server Running (13176) Index Server Running (11028) Database Server Running (6052)
In the high-availability mode, the secondary server details are also displayed similar to the following sample:
Process status ================================ Core Server Running (xxxxx) Index Server Running (xxxxx) Database Server Running (xxxx)
If errors occur, restart the Presentation Server by running the following command:
tssh server start
On Linux computers, add
& at the end of the
tssh server start command so that the process runs in the background and you can continue to use the shell.
If error conditions persist, contact BMC Customer Support for assistance.
To access the TrueSight console
From a supported browser, enter the FQDN of the TrueSight Presentation server as shown in this table. The following table indicates the format to access the TrueSight console for both Windows and Linux environments:
- Use only the FQDN in the URL to access the TrueSight console.
- Prior to upgrading the TrueSight Presentation Server, if you were using an IP address to access the TrueSight console, then the IP address must be mapped to the FQDN hostname in the local \etc\hosts file. This is applicable for both Windows and Liunx hosts.
-The default credentials for logging in to the TrueSight console are:
Linux default access
with default port
Linux with custom port
The Remedy SSO application domain and login screens are displayed.
If you are using IE 11.x browser to launch the console, the login screen may display out of position. To reposition the login screen, you must add the TrueSight console URL to the list of trusted sites under the Internet Options.
- Based on whether you are single tenant or multi-tenant user, do one of the following:
- Single tenant environment:
Enter the TrueSight username and password, and click Log In.
The TrueSight console opens.
- Multi-tenant environment:
- Enter the application domain name that you want to log into and click Submit.
- Enter the TrueSight username and password, and click Log In.
The TrueSight console opens.