The vCloud view provides an overview of vCloud, Provider vDCs, and Organization vDCs in terms of CPU, memory, and datastore utilization for each entity. It is based on cloud database structures and enables you to:
- View the capacity for vCloud, Provider vDCs, and Organization vDCs
- Identify resource bottlenecks
- Discover underutilized resources
- Track resources that are experiencing, or will soon experience capacity shortfalls
You can access the views only after the administrator has completed the following tasks:
If you are new to views in the TrueSight console, first see Accessing and using capacity views in the TrueSight console.
To access the vCloud view, in the TrueSight console navigation pane, select > Capacity > Views > Cloud > vCloud.
An example of the vCloud view
For more information about the pages in this view, see the following topics:
- vCloud page in the vCloud view
- Provider vDCs page in the vCloud view
- Organization vDCs page in the vCloud view
- vCloud Map page in the vCloud view
Certified data sources
The certified data sources for these views are:
- BMC - TrueSight Capacity Optimization Gateway VIS files parser
- Integrating with VMware vCloud Director
You must configure and run one of these ETL modules to import data into the view.
If you are importing data from an ETL module other than the certified data source, then ensure that you have all the metrics populated in the ETL module so that the view shows the data.
Settings for the vCloud view
You can use the Settings page to configure the settings for all pages in the vCloud view. To access this page, on the vCloud view page, select> Edit Settings.
- Setting to show alerts on systems whose forecasted days to saturation are under or equal to the specified threshold
- Setting to specify the minimum number of days needed to calculate trends
Displays the details when the view was last refreshed. Click Refresh views to refresh all vCloud views. After you click this button, all vCloud views are scheduled for materialization.
The option to Refresh views is available only if your user role has permissions to edit the view. For more details about permissions, see Adding and managing roles.
- The Thresholds link opens the Thresholds page in the TrueSight Capacity Optimization Console. For more details, see Adding and viewing thresholds.
- The Indicator Parameters link opens the Indicator Parameters page in the TrueSight Capacity Optimization Console. For more details, see Indicator Parameters.