Top/bottom Partitions page in the HP-UX nPar/vPar view
The HP nPar/vPar Top/bottom partitions view shows partitions sorted by utilization. The utilization sort order is determined by a blended value based on CPU, memory, and file system space used. The highest blended value has the highest rank and that is how the table is sorted.
The blended value is calculated as follows:
(PAR_CPU_COST x [CPU Used]) + (PAR_MEMORY_COST x [Memory Used]) + (PAR_STORAGE_COST x [File System Used])
The default values for the following parameters are as follows. These values can be modified from the settings page.
The following figure shows the nPar/vPar Top/bottom Partitions tab displaying the top ranked partitions filtered on the BPA HP domain.
An example of the Top/bottom Partitions tab
Viewing the Top/bottom partitions table
The Top/bottom Partitions table lists all nPar/vPar partitions in the selected domain based on their rank, which in turn are based on various metrics that constitute the columns in the Top/bottom Partitions table.
- By default, the metric tables in this view are filtered on all domains. Use the domain filter options to select the required domain from the table.
- By default, the summarization time range for all metrics is set to Last 30 days. Use the time filter options controls to select an alternate range.
For detailed information on how to use filters, see Using filtering options in views in the TrueSight console.
Each row corresponds to a nPar/vPar partition and shows the following information:
HP nPar/vPar Top/bottom Partitions table: Description of columns
A unique numerical index that classifies all existing VMs in terms of resource (CPU, memory) consumption. The higher the number, the higher the resource consumption.
|95th percentile||CPU_UTIL, MEM_UTIL|
Name of the host the partition belongs to.
|Last value||Host name retrieved using relationship VH_CONTAINS_GM|
CPU Util [%]
95th percentile value of CPU utilization.
Memory Util [%]
95th percentile value of memory utilization.
|Real Memory Util [%]||95th percentile value of real memory utilization of the server, excludes the memory assigned to file system cache.||95th Percentile||MEM_REAL_UTIL|
File System Util [%]
95th percentile value of file system utilization.
To view the details of a particular top/bottom partition
To view the details page for a particular top/bottom partition, click the name of the partition in the Partitions column. The Partition details page displays the following information:
- General details: General partition details, such as name, type, description, number of elements within it, and tags are displayed at the top of the page.
Related Information panel: Displays links to detailed pages for Thresholds, Workload Profile, Command Profile and User Profile.
- Thresholds: The Thresholds page allows you to view and manage threshold settings for the selected Pool. See Adding and viewing thresholds for detailed information.
- Workload Profile: Clicking on this link displays Workload Profile tab in the nPar/vPar Partition page in the HP-UX Data Explorer view page.
- Command Profile: Clicking this link displays Command Profile tab in the nPar/vPar Partition page in the HP-UX Data Explorer view page.
- User Profile: Clicking this link displays User Profile tab in the nPar/vPar Partition page in the HP-UX Data Explorer view page.
Tags panel: Displays tags, if any, that are associated with the pool. For more information, see Working with tag filters.
Summary information: The Summary tab, that is displayed by default, displays performance details for the selected pool in a horizontal summary table, as well as charts.
Analysis charts: Core metrics for the selected entity are displayed as analysis charts, depending on available data. At the bottom of each chart is a link that takes you to the Data Explorer view for the specific resource type, and displays charts and information for a larger set of metrics.
To return to this page, clicklocated towards the top-right side in the Data Explorer tab.
The data displayed in Data Explorer view charts for any resource part of this view category, is based on the time filter that is applied to the primary view in this tab. You can select Advanced time periods (other than default/basic) from the Data Explorer view for the selected resource, to view charts over a different time resolution.
You can download charts, annotate them, print them, and so on. For more information, see Managing charts.
Configuration Details: The Configuration Details tab displays the configuration metrics for the pool.
- File Systems: The File Systems tab displays information related to the file system for all partitions, or the selected partition.
An example of a nPar/vPar partition details page
Using data filter and other controls in tables
You can sort and filter the information that is displayed in tables to suit your need. For instance, you can show or hide columns, filter tables on particular domains, and so on.
For more information, see Sorting a table in the TrueSight console and Using filtering options in views in the TrueSight console.