Time filters are used to restrict an analysis, model or report to a specific time period, allowing you to exclude critical dates (e.g. hours or weekdays) and outliers.
This section describes how to manage time filters:
Creating a new time filter
To add a global time filter, which will be visible from all domains, open the Filters folder found at the bottom of the All Domains navigation tree; to add a local time filter, open the Filters folder for the selected domain. Then, follow these steps:
- Click Add > Add time filter.
- Fill in the form that appears, as detailed below.
- When done, click Save.
Fill in the mandatory basic properties:
- Name: Name of the filter.
- Description: Brief description of the filter.
- Time range: The time range for the filter.
Adding a new time filter - basic mode
You can specify more options clicking the Advanced button:
- Day filter: Select single days or periods to be excluded. The day filter acts only on aggregations at detail,
hour, and day resolutions.
- Day class filter: Only the selected day classes will be included (for example, Holiday).
- Hour class filter: Only the selected hour classes will be included.
- Hour filter: Only the selected hours will be included. The hour range is from 0 to 23. Multiple range can be specified using comma separated values. For example, 1,3,5-12
- Minute filter: Only the selected minutes will be included. The minute range is from 0 to 59 and multiple range can be specified. This filter applies to detail data aggregation, hence historical data availability is defined by data retention of detailed data.
- Weekday filter: Only the selected weekdays will be included.
- Day of month filter: Only the selected days or periods in a month will be included. The range is from 1 to 31 and multiple range can be specified.
- Month filter: Only the selected months will be included.
- Point class filter: Select which type of points will be included.
- All point classes
- [Default selection] Exclude Value Outliers from time analysis and both Value and Relation Outliers from correlation analysis
- Only selected point classes
Adding a new time filter - advanced mode
When done, click Save to create the filter.
Editing a time filter
To edit a filter, click the Edit icon at the end of the row corresponding to the time filter you wish to modify in the Filters page, or click the Edit button found in the filter's detail page.
The Edit form is identical to the add form; make all the changes you need, then click Save to confirm.
If the filter is in use, a warning may appear informing you that any changes will affect analyses, models, and reports that use it.
Deleting a time filter
Before deleting a time filter you must check that it is not used by any analysis, model, or report.
You can delete a filter in two ways:
- Access the Filters page and then click the Delete icon at the end of the row of the time filter you wish to remove.
- Access the filter's detail page and then click the Delete button.
Copying or moving a time filter
You can copy or move a time filter to another domain using the Copy or Move buttons; you will be prompted to specify the destination domain.