Solaris LDOM view
With Solaris Logical Domain (LDOM) virtualization, you can allocate system resources, such as memory, CPU, storage, or devices into logical groups to create multiple virtual machine instances. Each virtual machine has, and can use its own operating system, its own resources and also be identified as a single stand-alone unit within the Solaris system domain.
The Solaris LDOM view enables you to manage the capacity of a virtualized infrastructure that runs Solaris logical domains, and presents key capacity metrics and charts for Solaris LDOM hosts and domains. You can use the view to see the total capacity, used capacity, remaining capacity and growth trend for CPU and memory sub-systems.
To access the Solaris LDOM view in the TrueSight console navigation pane, select Capacity > Views > Virtualization > Solaris > LDOM > .
The Solaris LDOM view helps you to answer critical questions related to your virtualization environment, such as:
- Which LDOM host should the new domains be added to?
- Do certain hosts require better resource allocation between them?
- Which LDOMs in a particular domain have exceeded their set threshold values?
The Solaris LDOM virtualization technology is supported on UltraSPARC processor-based Oracle servers, running Oracle Solaris version 10 11/06 or later and the latest server firmware.
You can choose to view the data for a specific domain, tag, or time period by using the corresponding filters. For more information, see Using filtering options in views in the TrueSight console.
For more information about the Solaris LDOM view, see the following topics:
- Hosts page in the Solaris LDOM view
- LDOMs page in the Solaris LDOM view
- Top/Bottom LDOMs page in the Solaris LDOM view
- Future Saturations page in the Solaris LDOM view
- Maps page in the Solaris LDOM view
Settings for Solaris LDOM view
You can use the Settings page to configure the settings for all pages in the Solaris LDOM view. To access this page, on the Solaris LDOM view page, select> Edit Settings.
You can manage the local thresholds by configuring the Maps Settings and Other Settings.
|CPU Utilization %||Modify the required values for displaying the threshold values for the CPU utilization in the Maps page of the Solaris LDOM view: |
|Memory Utilization %||Modify the required values for displaying the threshold values for the memory utilization in the Maps page of the Solaris LDOM view:|
|Show Benchmark Type||Edit the required Benchmark Type in the box. Use the subresource for resource BYBENCHMARK_VALUE.|
|Top/Bottoms LDOMs Rank - CPU Weight||Edit the required LDOM CPU Weight. This factor is used to Rank VMs in the view.|
|Top/Bottoms LDOMs Rank - Memory Weight||Edit the required LDOM Memory Weight. This factor is used to Rank VMs in the view.|
|Top/Bottoms LDOMs Rank - Storage Weight||Edit the required LDOM Storage Weight. This factor is used to Rank VMs in the view.|
- The Thresholds link opens the Thresholds page in the TrueSight Capacity Optimization Console. For more details, see Adding and viewing thresholds.
- The Indicator Parameters link opens the Indicator Parameters page in the TrueSight Capacity Optimization Console. For more details, see Indicator Parameters.