Solaris DSD view
Solaris Dynamic System Domains (DSDs), or simply Solaris Domains, allow flexible and dynamic allocation of CPU and memory resources.
The Solaris DSD view enables you to manage the capacity of a virtualized infrastructure running Solaris Dynamic System Domain, and presents key capacity metrics and charts for Solaris DSD hosts and domains. You can use DSD views to see the total capacity, used capacity, remaining capacity and growth trend for CPU and memory subsystems.
To access the Solaris DSD view in the TrueSight console navigation pane, select> Capacity > Views > Virtualization > Solaris > DSD. The Solaris DSD page contains subviews that provide details about Solaris hosts, DSDs, and maps.
Each Solaris domain runs an instance of the Solaris operating environment, and when an application fails or an error occurs in one instance of the domain, the other domain continues to operate unaffected. Solaris DSDs can be dynamically reapportioned, and if a domain requires more resources, those resources can be reallocated.
- Which host should the new domains be added to?
- Do certain hosts require a better load balancing between them?
- Which systems in a particular domain have exceeded their threshold values?
The Solaris DSD Hosts subview presents the resource allocation and usage pattern for the domains in the host. Detailed views allow you to see a time series chart of the key metrics for the last 30 days. The Map page provides a graphical representation of the capacity usage.
You can choose to view the data for a specific domain, tag, or time period by using the corresponding filters. For more information, see Using filtering options in views in the TrueSight console.
For more information, see the following topics:
- Hosts page in the Solaris DSD view
- DSDs page in the Solaris DSD view
- Maps page in the Solaris DSD view
Settings for Solaris DSD view
You can use the Settings page to configure the settings for all pages in the Solaris DSD view. To access this page, on the Solaris DSD view page, select> Edit Settings.
You can manage the local thresholds by configuring the Maps Settings and Other Settings.
|CPU Utilization %||Modify the required values for displaying the threshold values for the CPU utilization in the Maps page of the Solaris DSD view: |
|Memory Utilization %||Modify the required values for displaying the threshold values for the memory utilization in the Maps page of the Solaris DSD view:|
|Show Benchmark Type||Edit the required Benchmark Type in the box. Use the subresource for resource BYBENCHMARK_VALUE.|
- The Thresholds link opens the Thresholds page in the TrueSight Capacity Optimization Console. For more details, see Adding and viewing thresholds.
- The Indicator Parameters link opens the Indicator Parameters page in the TrueSight Capacity Optimization Console. For more details, see Indicator Parameters.