Performing the Capacity Agent upgrade on Windows
Complete the procedure in this topic to upgrade the Capacity Agent application by running the installation program from the wizard-based UI. The Capacity Agent application includes the system collectors and service daemon
This procedure describes a custom installation, and choices are made so that all possible screens will be described.
After upgrading the Agent, Manager runs are not restarted. If you want data from the day the application is upgraded, you must perform an ad hoc data collection. Normal collection resumes on the next day after the upgrade.
Before you begin
You must have downloaded the installation files from the EPD website.
To upgrade Capacity Agents on Windows
- Extract the Gateway_Server_<component>_<version>_windows.zip file to a temporary directory.
- Navigate to the image subdirectory and double-click the setup.exe file.
- On the Welcome page, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, select I agree to the terms of the license agreement, and click Next.
- Agent is the selected component for installation. Click Next.
- The installation type used during the original installation is selected by default. Click Next.
- If the original installation was Typical, you are brought to the final page of the wizard where you can review the information on the Installation Preview page and click Install to begin the installation.
- If the original installation was Custom, continue with the remainder of this procedure.
- Choose your desired security level. When you are finished, click Next.
- If the original security level was Basic, you can review and modify the communication settings between the Gateway Server and Agents, as well as the account, collection, repository, and port options for the agents. The steps that follow describe the procedure you must perform if this option is selected.
- If the original security level was Advanced, network communication between the Gateway Server and Agents is disabled. This option brings you to the page where you can configure your migration settings, and then to the final page of the wizard. Continue with this procedure from the migrate options.
- Verify or modify the communication protocol by which the agents send alerts and notifications to the administrator. Then, click Next.
- Verify or modify the location of the Agent user account.
- If Disable Agent User Account is selected, the account was created but immediately disabled. Click Next.
- Verify or modify the data collection options and click Next.
- Enable collection of historical data collects historical data for Investigate real-time charts.
- Data Repository is the directory where you want to save the collected historical data.
- Set Agent to start automatically starts Agent immediately upon finishing the installation procedure.
- Service Daemon is the port number for the service daemon.
- Maximum process command length to collect reflects the maximum length, in bytes, of the process command you want the agent to collect. Verify that this parameter is correct, as it might reset to the original default (2048) during upgrade.
- Select Migrate Agent to migrate the agent configuration files during the upgrade and click Next. For more information on these files, see and Authorization configuration file.
- Review the information on the Installation Preview page, and click Install.
You will receive a notification confirming that the installation process is complete.
- Click View Log for details and click Done to complete the installation process.