The TrueSight Capacity Optimization product enables capacity planners to analyze, forecast, and optimize IT capacity and performance across all IT resources and environments.
Analyze infrastructure and virtual data capacity
Views show the health (usage, risk, and efficiency) of the compute, storage, and network resources in your data center.
Accommodate upcoming services
Reservations book capacity on a given Reservation Target type in the future.
Generate reports for stakeholders
Reports are produced as a result of analyses, models, or of the run of a scenario or a model.
- Reserve and schedule IT infrastructure resources for onboarding applications.
- Forecast and model changes in demand to adjust IT resources as needed.
- Optimize the use of cloud services with visibility for best placement and cost of service.
- Plan and optimize your infrastructure and budget.
- Report the cost of IT resources to business and IT stakeholders.
TrueSight Capacity Optimization console
The TrueSight Capacity Optimization product supports users with the following types of roles in their organization.
- Capacity planner: Following customization and setup of the TrueSight Capacity Optimization product, reserves and schedules IT infrastructure resources, forecasts and models changes to adjust IT resources, report the cost of IT resources to business and IT and application stakeholders.
- Deploys and upgrades the product, creates users or configures an LDAP integration, creates and assigns roles and permissions to users, ensures that the TrueSight Capacity Optimization environment is secure
- Following installation and configuration of the product, sets up or customizes integrations, and creates custom views
- Uses the self-monitoring capabilities in TrueSight Capacity Optimization to ensure that the product remains healthy over time
- Using a development environment and SQL scripts, extends and customizes the TrueSight Capacity Optimization product. Can also use product tools to integrate data sources.
documentation helps new and experienced users implement or use this product. Based on your role, the following sections of the documentation are recommended:
To receive notification about product and documentation updates, all users should view and set up a watch on the Release notes and notices topic.