The OpenStack view provides an overview of availability zones, host aggregates, hypervisors, and tenant capacity in terms of CPU, memory, and datastore utilization for each entity. It is based on cloud database structures and enables you to:
- Track the capacity of each OpenStack entity in the cloud environment
- Identify bottlenecks
- Discover underutilized resources
- Track resources that are, or will soon be, experiencing capacity shortfalls
You can access the views only after the administrator has completed the following tasks:
If you are new to views in the TrueSight console, first see Accessing and using capacity views in the TrueSight console.
To access the OpenStack view, in the TrueSight console navigation pane, select> Capacity > Views > Cloud > OpenStack.
An example of the OpenStack view
For more information about the pages in this view, see the following topics:
- Cloud page in the OpenStack view
- Regions page in the OpenStack view
- Availability Zones page in the OpenStack view
- Host Aggregates page in the OpenStack view
- Hypervisors page in the OpenStack view
- Instance Types page in the OpenStack view
- Tenants page in the OpenStack view
- Maps page in the OpenStack view
- Recommendations page in the OpenStack view
Certified data sources
The certified data sources for these views are as follows:
- OpenStack - OpenStack API Extractor Service
- BMC - TrueSight Capacity Optimization Gateway VIS files parser
- vCenter Historical Extractor or vCenter Extractor Service
You must configure and run one of these ETL modules to import data into the view.
If you are importing data from an ETL module other than the certified data source, then ensure that you have all the metrics populated in the ETL module so that the view shows the data.
The following video (5:11) provides a brief introduction of the OpenStack views.
Settings for the OpenStack view
You can use the Settings page to configure the settings for all pages in the Openstack view. To access this page, on the OpenStack view page, select> Edit Settings.
Displays the details when the view was last refreshed. Click Refresh views to refresh all OpenStack views. After you click this button, all OpenStack views are scheduled for materialization.
The option to Refresh views is available only if your user role has permissions to edit the view. For more details about permissions, see Adding and managing roles.
- The Thresholds link opens the Thresholds page in the TrueSight Capacity Optimization Console. For more details, see Adding and viewing thresholds.
- The Indicator Parameters link opens the Indicator Parameters page in the TrueSight Capacity Optimization Console. For more details, see Indicator Parameters.