Hosts page in the HP-UX IVM view
The IVM Host View tab provides an overview of all available HP IVM hosts in the HP virtualization environment, including details about CPU and memory utilization, unused resources and more.
The following figure shows the HP IVM Host View tab in the IVM Host View tab:
An example of the HP IVM Host View tab
The HP IVM Host View table lists all HP IVM hosts in the selected domain.
- By default, the metric tables in this view are filtered on all domains. Use the domain filter options to select the required domain from the table.
- By default, the summarization time range for all metrics is set to Last 30 days. Use the time filter options controls to select an alternate range.
For detailed information on how to use filters, see Using filtering options in views in the TrueSight console.
Each row corresponds to a HP IVM host and shows the following information:
HP IVM Hosts table: Description of columns
Number of physical CPU cores in the host.
Number of unused CPU cores.
|Computed Metric- Based on 95th Percentile of CPU usage||Computed using CPU_UTILMHZ and CPU_MHZ|
Total Virtual Processors
Total virtual processors configured for the partitions in the IVM host.
|Last value||Computed using VM.CPU_NUM|
CPU Util [%]
95th percentile value of CPU utilization
Total physical memory configured in the host.
Memory Util [%]
95th percentile value of memory utilization.
|Real Memory Util [%]||95th percentile value of the CPU Utilization of the partition, excludes file system cache.||95th Percentile||MEM_REAL_UTIL|
Unused Memory [GB]
Unused memory available to the IVM host.
|Computed metric - based on 95th percentile of memory used||Computed using MEM_USED and TOTAL_REAL_MEM|
Total Spec Rating
The total SPEC benchmark performance rating of the host, based on the CPU model and number of CPU cores.
Unused Spec Rating
Unused SPEC rating of the host, based on CPU utilization and the total SPEC rating.
|Computed Metric- Based on 95th Percentile||Computed using CPU_UTIL and BYBENCHMARK_VALUE[SPECINTRATE2006]|
Disk I/O Rate [MB/s]
95th percentile value of the total disk I/O rate in megabytes second.
Network Rate [Mbit/s]
95th percentile value of the network I/O rate in megabits per second.
Number of configured partitions in the host.
|Last value||Count of entities with relationship VH_CONTAINS_GM|
Viewing the details page for an IVM Host
To view the details page for a particular host, click the name of the host in the Host column. The Host details page displays the following information:
- General details: General partition details, such as name, type, description, number of elements within it, and tags are displayed at the top of the page.
Related Information panel: Displays links to detailed pages for Thresholds and Partition details.
- Thresholds: The Thresholds page allows you to view and manage threshold settings for the selected Pool. See Adding and viewing thresholds for detailed information.
- IVM details: Clicking on this link displays the IVMs page in the HP-UX IVM view.
- File System Profile: Clicking on this link displays File System Profile tab in the IVM Host page in the HP-UX Data Explorer view page.
- Workload Profile: Clicking on this link displays Workload Profile tab in the IVM Host page in the HP-UX Data Explorer view page.
- Command Profile: Clicking this link displays Command Profile tab in the IVM Host page in the HP-UX Data Explorer view page.
- User Profile: Clicking this link displays User Profile tab in the IVM Host page in the HP-UX Data Explorer view page.
Tags panel: Displays tags, if any, that are associated with the pool. For more information, see Working with tag filters.
Summary information: The Summary tab, that is displayed by default, displays performance details for the selected pool in a horizontal summary table, as well as charts.
Analysis charts: Core metrics for the selected entity are displayed as analysis charts, depending on available data. At the bottom of each chart is a link that takes you to the Data Explorer view for the specific resource type, and displays charts and information for a larger set of metrics.
To return to this page, clicklocated towards the top-right side in the Data Explorer tab.
The data displayed in Data Explorer view charts for any resource part of this view category, is based on the time filter that is applied to the primary view in this tab. You can select Advanced time periods (other than default/basic) from the Data Explorer view for the selected resource, to view charts over a different time resolution.
You can download charts, annotate them, print them, and so on. For more information, see Managing charts.
Configuration Details: The Configuration Details tab displays the configuration metrics for the pool.
An example of a IVM Host details page
Using data filter and other controls in tables
You can export and filter the information that is displayed in tables to suit your need. For instance, you can show or hide columns, filter tables on particular domains, and so on.