Future Saturation page in the Servers Overview page
The Future Saturation table displays the capacity status of physical servers, their daily trends, and the estimated number of days to saturation.
The following figure shows the Future Saturation tab that shows the Future Saturation table for all physical servers configured on the Gateway Server Standalone Systems domain.
An example of the Future Saturation tab
The Future Saturation table provides the following information:
Future Saturation table: Description of columns
|Days to saturation|
Projected amount of time before one of the resources (CPU or MEMORY or STORAGE) runs out of available capacity.
Name of the server. Click on the name to navigate to the details page of that system.
|System type||Indicates the system type of the server. It can be a Standalone (Generic) system or an inside OS view partition or virtual system.||NA||NA|
The first resource on the server that is projected to exhaust based on the calculated trend.
CPU Util [%]
95th percentile value of CPU utilization.
CPU Trend [%]
The growth rate of CPU utilization of the server.
|Trend||Computed using CPU_UTILMHZ|
Memory Util [%]
95th percentile value of memory utilization.
|Real Memory Util [%]||95th percentile value of real memory utilization of the server, excludes the memory assigned to file system cache||95th Percentile||MEM_REAL_UTIL|
Memory Trend [%]
The growth rate of the memory utilization of the server.
|Trend||Computed using MEM_REAL_UTIL|
|File System Util [%]|
95th percentile value of file system utilization.
|File System Trend [%]|
The growth rate of the file system utilization of the server.
|CPU Days To Saturation||The projected amount of time before the server runs out of available CPU.||NA||IND_DAYS_TO_SATURATION[CPU]|
|Memory Days To Saturation||The projected amount of time before the server runs out of available memory.||NA||IND_DAYS_TO_SATURATION[MEMORY]|
|File System Days To Saturation||The projected amount of time before the file system on the server runs out of available capacity.||NA||IND_DAYS_TO_SATURATION[STORAGE]|
For more information on the Days to Saturation and other indicator parameters used for metric computations in this view, see Indicator parameters.
Viewing future saturation details of a server
To view the future saturation details of the required server, click name of the server in the Future Saturation table. The following server details are displayed on the Server Details page:
General details: General server details, such as name, type and description are displayed at the top of the page.
Tags panel: Displays tags, if any, that are associated with the server. For more information, see Working with tag filters.
Related Information: The Related Information panel at the top of the page contains the following links:
- Thresholds: The thresholds page allows you to view and manage threshold settings for the selected AIX logical partition host. See Adding and viewing thresholds for detailed information.
- File system details: The File system details page displays the file system details about the selected server. See Servers Data Explorer view for more information.
File system profile: The File system profile page displays the file system profile about the selected server. See Servers Data Explorer view for more information.
- Workload Profile: The Workload Profile page displays the workload details about the selected server. See Servers Data Explorer view for more information.
- Command Profile: The Workload Profile page displays the file command details about the selected server. See Servers Data Explorer view for more information.
- User Profile: The User Profile page displays file the user details about the selected server. See Servers Data Explorer view for more information.
- CSET Profile: The CSET Profile displays the CSET about the selected server. See Servers Data Explorer view for more information.
- Summary information: The Summary tab, that is displayed by default, displays details for the selected server in a horizontal summary table, as well as charts.
Analysis charts: Core metrics for the selected entity are displayed as analysis charts, depending on available data. At the bottom of each chart is a link that takes you to the Data Explorer view for the specific resource type, and displays charts and information for a larger set of metrics.
To return to this page, clicklocated towards the top-right side in the Data Explorer tab.
The data displayed in Data Explorer view charts for any resource part of this view category, is based on the time filter that is applied to the primary view in this tab. You can select Advanced time periods (other than default/basic) from the Data Explorer view for the selected resource, to view charts over a different time resolution.
For more information, see Servers Data Explorer view.
- Configuration Details: The Configuration Details tab displays the configuration metrics for the server.
The following figure shows the details page for a server:
Server Overview: Server details page
Using data filter and other controls in tables
You can export and filter the information that is displayed in tables to suit your need. For instance, you can show or hide columns, filter tables on particular domains, and so on.
For more information, see Exporting and filtering tables.