Creating an Analysis and Model data mart
To create a new Analysis/Model Data Mart, click Add analysis/model data mart at the top of the Analysis/Model data marts table.
Set the following properties (those marked with are only available in advanced mode):
In this tab, you can set the basic properties of the Analysis/Model View:
- Name: Name of the new Analysis/Model View.
- Description: Brief description of the Analysis/Model View.
- Select an analysis or a scenario: Select an analysis or scenario from the list populated.
- Materializer task: Select the task responsible for materializing the Analysis/Model View; for more information, refer to Configuring the ER View Materializer task.
- Tablespace: Name of the tablespace where the generated table will be materialized (if empty, BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization's default tablespace will be used).
- Materialize validity: Set the validity of the Analysis/Model View, e.g. 1 day; setting the validity to zero will cause the Analysis/Model View to be materialized every time it is requested; if left empty, the default value that will be applied is 1 day.
Do not apply limits on row and series: You can use this option to set a limit in the data mart. By default this option is set to no. An analysis/model might only display a maximum number of series and a maximum number of charts (which can be customized). This option can be used to remove the default limits present in an analysis/model.
Entity filters: Allow you to select one of the following options to specify if the entity filters must be changed or not:
Leave existing entity filters: Select this option to retain the existing entity filters.
Remove domain related entity filters: Select this option to remove the container domain related entity filters.
The actual name that will be used to save the Analysis/Model View in BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization is ER_V<analysisViewName><analysisViewId>, where analysisViewName is the name specified in the form, and analysisViewId is the unique ID of the object. This name cannot be longer then 30 characters.
Adding a new Analysis/Model View - General tab
Columns mapping tab
In this tab, you can set a name for each column that will be displayed in the Analysis/Model View output.
The list of available columns is dynamically generated at creation time and depends on the selected analysis or model. The mapping can be refreshed at any time clicking, to reflect any changes that were made on the analysis or model.
For each column, specify:
- Analysis/Model View mapping: Name of the analysis/model output column to be mapped to a DB table column
- Column name: Name that you wish to use for the output DB column; can have a maximum of 30 characters, no spaces, and cannot begin with a number
If you leave the Column name field empty, the column will not appear in the Analysis/Model View output.
Adding a new Analysis/Model View - Columns mapping tab
This tab allows you to define indexes for the generated table
Adding a new Analysis/Model View - Index tab
This tab allows you to grant access rights to the Analysis/Model View, to specific database users or roles.
Adding a new Analysis/Model View - Privileges tab
Editing an Analysis/Model View
The form that appears has the same fields described in Adding a new Analysis/Model Data Marts.