Configuring the Golden model results template
The Golden model results template enables you to display charts that are generated from the last run of a model that is in Golden state. Use this template to create a custom view or add a page to a custom view in the TrueSight console.
You can use the following models in this template:
- : Generates the future behavior trend for one or more performance metrics by observing their past behavior captured over time.
- correlation analysis of existing data, extrapolation estimates the value of a particular metric when the value of another metric changes. : Generates an estimate of metric values as a function of other metrics. Through an initial
- : Generates the future system utilization, throughput, queue length, and response time based on the impact of business drivers that are running on systems. With this model, you can simulate the impact of a change in the value of an entity (system or business driver) on the metrics.
Before you begin
Ensure that the following tasks are complete:
- The model (time-forecasting, extrapolation, or queuing network) that you want to select in the template is created.
- The selected model is in the Golden state. For more information, see Working with producer-based and rule-based custom statistics.
To configure the template
The following video (7:36) illustrates the process of configuring a custom view page by using the Golden Model Results template.
Open the view page with the Golden model results template:
- In the view page, specify the following information:
Title: Type the required title for the page.
Golden Model: Select the required scenario of the Golden model from the drop-down list.
Business Driver Filter Label: Type a name for the business driver filter. By default, the label is set to Business Driver.
System Filter Label: Type a name for the system filter. By default, the label is set to System.
- The filter label fields are available based on the selected golden model. For example, if the selected golden model does not have associated business drivers, then the corresponding filter field is not displayed.
- In the view page, the values that you specify for the Business Driver Filter Label and System Filter Label fields are displayed next to the action menu [BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization Master > _image_using > action_menu.png] to enable you to apply the filters.
- You can use the specified labels to manage the behavior of the filters across different pages of a view. For example, to retain the System filter value while navigating across different pages of a view, set the same name for System Filter Label in the required pages of the view. To ensure that filter values are not retained while navigating across different pages of a view, specify a different name for the filter label in the required pages of the view.
- None of the page filters are available when you select a Queuing network golden model. Four charts are always displayed for this model irrespective of the number of entities that the model contains. If a model has multiple entities, then their values are displayed in the same set of charts.
- (Optional) To add custom text when you configure a new template or add a new page, click Add custom text.
To update existing custom text, click Edit the page, and then in the custom text panel, click Change.
For more information, see Managing custom text on a view page.
- Click Save.
The custom view page is created with the defined configuration. You can filter the charts in the view page by applying the appropriate filter such as domain, tag, and system.
Examples of a custom view page with the Golden model results template
Using time-forecasting model
- Custom view page with the Golden model results template using time-forecasting model.
- Custom view page with System Filter applied.
- Custom view page with a message that the time-forecasting model is no longer in the Golden state.
Chart that shows the what-if events and reservations associated with a time-forecasting model. The following image shows reservations for provisioning of a Billing service 2.0.
Using extrapolation model
- Custom view page with the Golden model results template using an extrapolation model.
- Custom view page with Business Driver filter applied.
- Custom view page with the Business Driver Filter and System Filter applied.
Using Queuing network model
- Custom view page with the Golden model results template using Queuing network model.
- Throughput chart that shows multiple entities. A line graph is displayed for every entity pair and the X-axis shows the different set of values for the business drivers per data point.