Configuring the Data mart explorer template
You can use the Data mart explorer template to view the charts for detailed data that is extracted from a data mart. For example, you can use this template for generating detailed view in the charts by the aggregation of the data in the data mart for the selected systems.
Before you begin
Create a data mart that provides the time series details about the entities and contains numeric values. For more information, see Creating a SQL-based data mart for a custom view in the TrueSight console.
To configure the template
The following video (9:01) illustrates the process of creating a custom view by using the Data mart explorer template.
Open the view page with the Data mart explorer template:
- In the view page, specify the following information:
- Title: Type the required title for the page.
To configure the charts, clickin the individual chart.
denotes that the display of the chart is enabled. denotes that the display of the chart is disabled.
By default, the display of only one chart is enabled. If you disable the display of the chart, it is not displayed in the view page.
Configure the following properties for charts:
Title: Type a title for the chart.
Template: Select a template from the list, based on which to render the chart. The following templates are available.
- Area Chart
- Bar Chart
- Line Chart
- Pie Chart
- Stacked Area Chart
- Stacked Bar Chart
- <custom analysis templates that you have created in the TrueSight Capacity Optimization console>
Only custom templates created using the Performance vs Time analysis type are displayed in this list. For information about the types of charts, see Analysis chart types supported in the TrueSight console.
The following functions from the analysis chart types are not supported in the charts in TrueSight console:
- Right axis on line charts
- Calendar charts
- Other minor customization options (Format of ticks, Format of dates, Label rotation, Format of chart grid, Logarithmic axes, Palette, Dashed lines)
- Data mart: Select the data mart from the list that contains the required data to be displayed in the charts. The options in the Column for time axis and Column to identify the series fields are displayed according to the data mart selected.
- Column for time axis: Select the column that contains the time stamp data in the selected data mart. The selected column is used for identifying the time axis in the chart. For example, if the TS column in the selected data mart contains date or time stamp data for the entities, you can select the TS column for this field.
Column to identify the series: Select the column that can be used for identifying the data in a row in the selected data mart.
For example, consider an e-commerce company uses data mart as follows to store details of orders and transactions performed using either online stores or web portals:
TS Entname Orders Transactions 2017-02-27 00:00:00 Online store 1302 1189 2017-02-27 00:00:00 Web portal 1506 1190 2017-02-28 00:00:00 Online store 1003 940 2017-02-28 00:00:00 Web portal 930 1096
In this case, select Entname for this field as it identifies the medium used for orders and transactions, and can be used to plot series in the chart.
Select the required metric from the Metric value 1 list. To add a metric, click + Add metric.
You can add multiple metrics.
Click Apply to go back to the previous edit screen.
To configure the table, click .in the table section. In the edit box at the bottom, first enable the table by clicking . The following properties are available to edit:
- Datamart: Select a datamart from the list. You must select a datamart to be able to show data in the page.
- Title: Type the required title for the page.
- Columns: Add columns to the table and select the corresponding metric for each column. By default, four columns are displayed.
To add more columns, click + Add column. To delete a column click X at the top-right of that column.
- Select a value for each column, from the list.
After you select values for the column, click on the (Edit parameters) link to configure it further by selecting the Renderer to display the column value.
Depending on the renderer you select, you can add corresponding items in each column. For more information on renderers, see Using renderers for summary tables in custom views.
After you complete editing parameters for that column, click Done to return to the previous edit screen.
You can continue to edit parameters for other columns.
- Click Apply. The changes are updated dynamically in the view, and you continue to be in the edit mode.
- In the filter area, click
select the required data mart from the list. Options displayed in the list are based on the data marts selected for charts and table.
- In the Filter 1, select the required value from the list to be used for filtering the charts.
- In the Filter 2, select the required value from the list to be used for filtering the charts.
- In the Filter 3, select the required value from the list to be used for filtering the charts.
- Click Save.
The custom view page is created with the defined configuration. You can filter the charts in the view page by applying the appropriate filter.
Examples of a view page with the Data mart explorer template
Example 1: Generated by plotting the aggregated data for each series (by using Line chart)
Example 2: Generated by plotting each value of series in the data mart (by using Bar chart)