BMC - TrueSight Operations Management 10.1/10.5/10.7/11.0 extractor
TrueSight Capacity Management supports integration with TrueSight Operations Management versions 10.1, 10.5, 10.7, and 11.0 through the BMC - TrueSight Operations Management 10.1/10.5/10.7/11.0 extractor. This is a Java-based extractor that uses REST APIs to extract performance and configuration data from TrueSight Operations Management. The extractor communicates with the Data Integration APIs of TrueSight Operations Management.
The extractor supports the following platforms:
- IBM AIX (AIX Host, LPARs, SPLPARs, DLPARs, POOL, WPARs).
- Oracle Solaris (LDOM Host, Zone Host, LDOMs, Zones)
- Standalone hosts are supported for Microsoft Windows, Linux, AIX, HP-UX, and Solaris platforms
- Hyper-V (Clusters, Hosts, and Virtual Machines)
Specific versions of PATROL Agents and Knowledge Modules are required to ensure that the required metrics and relationships are collected and published to the TrueSight Operations Management database. For more information, see Supported Knowledge Modules (KMs) and PATROL Agents.
To collect the metrics and relationship data from AIX systems, ensure that your TrueSight Operations Management environment meets the following requirements:
The PATROL Agent is installed on the logical partitions (LPARs) that run or host workload partitions (WPARs).
The operating system monitoring is enabled for all partitions.
The HMC monitoring is configured to import AIX hosts and pools. Without HMC monitoring, only LPARs are imported. For information about configuring HMC monitoring, see .
If you want to extract data for any other platform, use the BMC - TrueSight Operations Management 10.1/10.5/10.7/11.0 Generic extractor.
If you are using TrueSight Operations Management version 10.0 or earlier, use the BMC - TrueSight Operations Management 9.0/9.5/9.6/10.0 extractor.
To integrate TrueSight Capacity Optimization with TrueSight Operations Management
- In the TrueSight Capacity Optimization console, navigate to Administration > ETL & SYSTEM TASKS > ETL tasks.
- In the ETL tasks page, under the Last run tab, click Add > Add ETL.
The Add ETL page is displayed.
In the Run configuration tab, under ETL module, select BMC - TrueSight Operations Management 10.1/10.5/10.7/11.0 extractor.
Specify values for the ETL module properties under each expandable tab. For details about the common properties, see Common configuration properties. The following table lists the properties that are specific to this ETL:
Ensure that BMC - TrueSight Operations Management 10.1/10.5/10.7/11.0 extractor is selected.
Note: You selected this property in the earlier step.
Platform Select any one of the following platforms:
- Standalone (any OS)
- AIX Power VM/WPAR
- Solaris LDOM/Zone
TrueSight Operations Management Connection
Data Integration API URL
Specify the host name of the Presentation Server in the provided URL format: https://<host>/tsws. You must replace <host> with the host name.
Username Type the user name to connect to the Presentation Server. You can use the default user, apiuser. Password Type the password for the specified user name to connect to the Presentation Server. The password for the default user, apiuser, is displayed in encrypted format. Tenant name Specify the name of the tenant for which the data needs to be extracted. The tenants are configured on the Presentation Server. The default tenant BmcRealm is displayed.
To view or configure advanced properties, click Advanced. You do not need to set or modify these properties unless you want to change the way the ETL works. These properties are for advanced users and scenarios only.
- Click Save. You return to the Last run tab under the ETL tasks page.
- In simulation mode, validate the results: In the ETL tasks table under ETL tasks > Last run, locate your ETL (ETL task name), click Run
OK: The ETL executed without any error in simulation mode.
WARNING: The ETL execution returned some warnings in simulation mode. Check the ETL log.
ERROR: The ETL execution returned errors and was unsuccessful. Edit the active Run configuration and try again. to run the ETL. After you run the ETL, the Last exit column in the ETL tasks table will display one of the following values:
- After you verify that the ETL is running correctly, switch the ETL to production mode:
- In the ETL tasks table under ETL tasks > Last run, click the ETL name under the Name column
- In the Run configurations table in the ETL details page, click Edit to edit the active run configuration.
- In the Edit run configuration page, navigate to the Run configuration expandable tab and set Execute in simulation mode to No.
- Click Save.
- Locate the ETL in the ETL tasks table and either schedule an ETL run or click Run to run it now.
- After you run the ETL, or schedule the ETL for a run, it will extract the data from the source and transfer it to the BMC Capacity Optimization database. You can see the entity hierarchy in the left Navigation pane under Workspace.
Supported Knowledge Modules (KMs) and PATROL Agents
|TrueSight Capacity |
|PATROL Knowledge Module (KM)||PATROL Agent Version|
|AIX||BMC PATROL for UNIX and Linux||9.11.20, 9.12.00, 9.13.00, 9.13.20||9.5.00 and later|
|BMC PATROL for AIX1||1.1, 1.1.10|
|KVM||BMC PATROL for UNIX and Linux||9.11.20, 9.12.00, 9.13.00, 9.13.20|
|BMC PATROL for Linux||1.1, 1.2|
|Solaris||BMC PATROL for UNIX and Linux||9.11.20, 9.12.00, 9.13.00, 9.13.20|
|Standalone||BMC PATROL for Microsoft Windows Servers||4.7.00, 4.8.00, 4.8.10, 5.0.00|
|BMC PATROL for UNIX and Linux||9.11.20, 9.12.00, 9.13.00, 9.13.20|
|BMC PATROL for Linux||1.1, 1.2|
1 - Supported with TrueSight Operations Management version 10.5 and later.