Accessing and navigating the TrueSight console
For more information, see the following sections:
To access the TrueSight console
From a supported browser, enter the FQDN of the TrueSight Presentation server as shown in this table. The following table indicates the format to access the TrueSight console for both Windows and Linux environments:
- Use only the FQDN in the URL to access the TrueSight console.
- Prior to upgrading the TrueSight Presentation Server, if you were using an IP address to access the TrueSight console, then the IP address must be mapped to the FQDN hostname in the local \etc\hosts file. This is applicable for both Windows and Liunx hosts.
-The default credentials for logging in to the TrueSight console are:
Linux default access
with default port
Linux with custom port
The Remedy SSO application domain and login screens are displayed.
If you are using IE 11.x browser to launch the console, the login screen may display out of position. To reposition the login screen, you must add the TrueSight console URL to the list of trusted sites under the Internet Options.
- Based on whether you are single tenant or multi-tenant user, do one of the following:
- Single tenant environment:
Enter the TrueSight username and password, and click Log In.
The TrueSight console opens.
- Multi-tenant environment:
- Enter the application domain name that you want to log into and click Submit.
- Enter the TrueSight username and password, and click Log In.
The TrueSight console opens.
To access the TrueSight console from the Capacity Optimization console
In the Home page of the TrueSight Capacity Optimization console, under the TrueSight console section, click the link here, as shown in the following screenshot:
Overview of the TrueSight console
The navigation pane provides access to the available options in the TrueSight console. As you reduce the size of the browser or when you display the console on a mobile, the navigation disappears. You can access it at any time from the navigation menu. The following image shows all of the options available on the console, but only administrators can access every option.
The navigation pane list depends on the components registered with the TrueSight Presentation Server.
Regardless of your current task, the header portion of the user interface provides the common information identified in the following illustration.
Navigation menu that enables you to show or hide the navigation pane
As you decrease the size of the console, the navigation pane disappears from view. Use this accordion-like option to show the navigation pane.
Time of the host server
User role and user name of the logged on user
User Preferences, Help, About, and Log Out links
Action menus appear on every page of the product and provide context-sensitive menus that enable you to configure and interact with the product.
context sensitive user assistance.Help links that provide