TrueSight Capacity Optimization 11.0.00 offers the following key features and enhancements:
Capacity views transformation
You can now access, use, and manage capacity views and view groups in the TrueSight console.
All the out-of-the-box capacity views are now available in the TrueSight console. Importing and exporting of views is also now available in the TrueSight console.
Beginning in version 10.7.00, you can use a better and simplified workflow in the TrueSight console for custom-view creation and management. For more information about this transformation, see Changes to accessing and using capacity views.
Out-of-the-box views migrated to the TrueSight console
The following out-of-the-box capacity views are now migrated to the TrueSight console:
|Virtualization views||Cloud views||Datacenter view||
The Capacity Pools view was migrated to the TrueSight console in the 10.5.00 release. were migrated to the TrueSight console in the 10.7.00 release.
New view page templates for custom view creation
Use the following new, easy-to-configure, out-of-the-box view page templates to define personalized views in the TrueSight console:
|Custom text||Data mart explorer||Golden model results|
|System group data explorer||System time forecasting||Visual map|
These templates were added in the and continue to be available in this release.
Each template provides access to a specific type of data and presents it in a predefined format. For a quick overview of the new templates, see the following presentation:
For more information about all the view page templates, see View page templates.
New web-based Investigate tool
The Investigate tool is now available in the modern, web-based TrueSight console, which you can access from a web browser or a mobile device. For a quick overview of the changes to working with the Investigate tool, see Changes to the Investigate tool.
With the new simplified workflow of the Investigate tool, you can easily create charts and tables, known as investigate studies, to achieve the following goals:
- Proactively watch the capacity and performance of your systems.
- View the capacity and performance data in near real-time.
- Perform adhoc troubleshooting and root-cause analysis for problems on a specific system.
For more information, see Setting up and using the Investigate tool.
Enhanced cloud support
New Amazon Web Services (AWS) views
You can now view and manage the capacity of entities such as EC2 instances and EBS volumes in your business service environment in the new out-of-the-box views for AWS. The views provide an overview of available capacity, utilization, trends, and residual capacity in terms of CPU, memory, and datastore utilization for each entity.
For more information, see AWS views.
Enhanced Microsoft Azure integration for extended support
The integration with Microsoft Azure is enhanced to support the following capabilities:
- Multiple Azure subscriptions: You can configure an ETL module for multiple subscriptions by using a Subscription list file.
- Import business service details: If you use tags to organize your Azure resources by related business services, you can configure the ETL module to import the data and display business services and their related resources in a hierarchy in the Workspace. This hierarchy enables you to sort and view capacity management metrics by business service.
- Import tagging information: The ETL module now imports all tags that are associated with your Azure resources.
For more information, see Microsoft Azure - Azure API Extractor.
Enhanced AWS integration for extended support
The integration with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is enhanced to support the following capabilities:
- Multiple AWS accounts: You can configure an ETL module for multiple accounts in which case one AWS account is used as the main account to retrieve data from all the AWS services and to connect to other accounts.
- Import business service details: If you use tags to organize your AWS resources by related business services, you can configure the ETL module to import the data and display business services and their related resources in a hierarchy in the Workspace. This hierarchy enables you to sort and view capacity management metrics by business service.
- Import tagging information: The ETL module now imports all tags that are associated with your AWS resources.
Also, the ETL now supports the following new entity and metrics:
For more information, see Amazon Web Services - AWS API Extractor.
Enhancements to capacity views
Enhanced Chargeback view
The Chargeback view is now accessible from the main menu of TrueSight Capacity Optimization console and has an improved workflow. For more information, see Defining and viewing chargeback information.
Enhanced Capacity pools view
You can now see capacity pools for VMware hosts and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV) hosts in the Capacity Pools view and get their Usage, Risk, and Efficiency scores. For more information, see Capacity Pools view.
Real memory utilization metric support in views
The following views now also provide the
Real Memory Util metric values:
|KVM Overview view|
|Capacity Pools view||Servers Overview view||-|
Memory Trend and
Memory Days to Saturation metric values are now based on the Real Memory Util metric.
Support for Kubernetes
New Kubernetes view
The new Kubernetes view now supports the Kubernetes cluster orchestration system, a leading solution to manage cloud-native containerized environments. Use the Kubernetes view to access capacity metrics that are extracted from the Kubernetes clusters.
New Kubernetes ETL module
The new Kubernetes ETL module supports the extraction of both performance and configuration data across different components of the Kubernetes system. Also, the ETL module can replicate relationships and logical dependencies among entities such as clusters, nodes, namespaces, deployments, and pods. For more information, see Moviri Integrator for TrueSight Capacity Optimization - Kubernetes.
New authentication platform support
Support for BMC Remedy Single Sign-On
The following authentication types are now supported through Remedy Single Sign-On:
- SAML v2
For a quick overview of Remedy Single Sign-On, see Remedy Single Sign-On at-a-glance.
Enhanced support for storage
New supported platforms
The Sentry ETL modules and views now support the following new platforms:
- Dell EMC Unity
- Pure Storage
- NetApp Data ONTAP v9
For more information, see Sentry ETL modules.
The discovery and collect performances are improved for the NetApp Data ONTAP ETL for TrueSight Capacity Optimization. For more information, see NetApp Data ONTAP ETL for TrueSight Capacity Optimization.
- The Dell Compellent Enterprise Manager ETL for TrueSight Capacity Optimization now exposes the number of storage devices and attached hosts, and the microcode version and box type in the Storage System summary.
- The Hitachi Device Manager ETL for TrueSight Capacity Optimization exposes in the STOGLB dataset the storage volume type (ST_VOLUME_TYPE).
- The IBM XiV ETL for TrueSight Capacity Optimization and IBM SVC-Storwize ETL for TrueSight Capacity Optimization expose the total number of operations per second (ST_SYSTEM_IO_RATE), the number of read operations per second (ST_SYSTEM_IO_READ_RATE), and the number of write operations (ST_SYSTEM_IO_WRITE_RATE) performed by the system, in the STOGLB dataset.
Simplified registration of the Capacity Optimization product in Presentation Server
You do not need to download and install the Capacity Optimization plugin manually. The plugin is installed as part of the TrueSight Presentation Server version 11.0 installation. To register Capacity Optimization in the Presentation Server, you now only need to to the TrueSight console. For more information, see Registering the Capacity Optimization product with the Presentation Server.
Access to the TrueSight console from the TrueSight Capacity Optimization console
The Home page of the TrueSight Capacity Optimization console now provides a link to access the TrueSight console. For more information, see Accessing and navigating the consoles.
Enhancements to data integration
Enhanced TrueSight Operations Management extractor
New platform support - Hyper-V
The TrueSight Operations Management 10.1/10.5/10.7/11.0 extractor now can import infrastructure data for Hyper-V platform.
Additional metrics support - AIX
The TrueSight Operations Management 10.1/10.5/10.7/11.0 extractor is enhanced to support new metrics for the following entity types:
- LPAR/SPLPAR/VIO LPAR
- AIX Frame
- Shared Processor Pool
For more information, see BMC - TrueSight Operations Management 10.1/10.5/10.7/11.0 extractor.
Enhanced Microsoft SCOM and IBM Tivoli extractors
You can now analyze resource utilization at the server level instead of the resource level (for example, individual disk or network interface). The Microsoft SCOM and IBM Tivoli extractors now support a new set of aggregated metrics at the server level for network and disk resources. The out-of-the-box capacity views now can provide additional higher-level server metrics for the entities that are imported by these extractors.
Enhanced Microsoft SCOM extractor
- The Microsoft SCOM extractor now supports Microsoft SCOM 2016 and the following new Management Pack:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016
- Microsoft Hyper-V 2016
- The ETL configuration experience is simplified. You can select metric classes without explicitly selecting the management pack family.
- You can now prevent importing configuration metrics for decommissioned systems by using the new ETL configuration option Import configuration metrics only if performance metrics are found.
For more information, see Moviri Integrator for TrueSight Capacity Optimization - Microsoft SCOM.
Enhanced Cloudera extractor
You can now easily detect storage wastage conditions or identify power users, and enable reclamation or right-sizing initiatives to save storage costs by using the enhanced Cloudera extractor. It supports more fine-grained characterization of storage space consumption in big data environments. The extractor now extracts the following new metrics:
- HDFS Total File Size by User
- HDFS File Count by User
For more information, see Moviri Integrator for TrueSight Capacity Optimization - Cloudera.
Enhanced integrations for extended software support
The following integrations are changed to support new software versions:
|Integration enhancement||Newly supported software version||Reference|
|TrueSight Operations Management extractors||TrueSight Operations Management version 11.0|
|OpenStack API Extractor Service||OpenStack version Ocata||OpenStack - OpenStack API Extractor Service|
|BMC - Atrium CMDB extractor||Atrium CMDB version 9.2.03 (9.2 Service Pack 3)||BMC - Atrium CMDB extractor|
For enhancements to the AWS and Azure ETL modules, see Enhanced cloud support.
Enhanced ETL import process
You can now specify a set of blacklisting rules for subresources in a metric profile to filter out data from ETL import and thereby, decrease storage and processing footprint. For more information, see Configuring a metric profile.
Enhanced license tracking utility
The output of the license tracking utility is now enhanced to provide detailed license reports in easy-to-understand HTML format. These reports are generated in addition to the reports in XML format. For more information, see Tracking license usage of your environment.These reports are generated in addition to the reports in XML format.
Support for new operating systems for product components
Following operating systems are now supported for product components:
|Capacity Agents||SUSE Linux Enterprise Server||12 SP2|
|Integration Studio||Microsoft Windows||10|