Running the BTM API for Java EE
This section describes the TrueSight Middleware and Transaction Monitor BTM API for Java EE and includes:
- Technology information needed for BTM API for Java EE
- Transaction pathway configuration (BTM API for Java EE)
- Instrumenting the application for BTM API for Java
- Deploying the development toolkit for BTM API for Java EE
- BTMActivityHelper Class
- BTMTransactionData Class for BTM API for Java EE
- Supporting Java EE components
This API provides the mechanism for an instrumented application or activity to communicate business transaction information to TrueSight Middleware and Transaction Monitor.
The API consists of two classes, BTMActivityHelper and BTMTransactionData, that provide all the functionality needed to monitor transactions from within an application written in Java EE.
You might instrument a new or existing application for several reasons, including:
- The existing TrueSight Middleware and Transaction Monitor extensions do not provide support for your application.
- Your transaction pathway is not message based.
- The only way to get information about the transactions is from the application.
See BTM Logging for help with diagnostic logging.
See Examples of processes and methods for an example of an instrumented application.