Running the BTM API for Java
This section describes the TrueSight Middleware and Transaction Monitor BTM API for Java and includes:
- Technology information needed for the BTM API for Java extension
- Transaction pathway configuration (BTM API for Java)
- Instrumenting the application
- Deploying the development toolkit
- Configuring for runtime
- BTMActivity Class
- BTMTransactionData Class
- Instrumenting an application examples
This API provides the mechanism for an instrumented application or activity to communicate business transaction information to TrueSight Middleware and Transaction Monitor.
The API consists of two classes, BTMActivity and BTMTransactionData, that provide all the functionality needed to monitor transactions from within an application written in Java.
You might instrument a new or existing application for several reasons, including:
- The existing TrueSight Middleware and Transaction Monitor extensions do not provide support for your application.
- Your transaction pathway is not message based.
- The only way to get information about the transactions is from the application.
See BTM logging for help with diagnostic logging.
See Examples of processes and methods for an example of an instrumented application.